PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I sometimes wish it were still the original six. All places where ice happens naturally.

Florida? LA? SF? etc. Kinda like a camel riding league in Alaska.... :)
But at the same time the popularity of teams and their success in the larger state like FL and CA helps ensure the NHL will survive, for a long time there was actually talk about removing teams to keep the league solvent. To quote the title of the movie, Things Change.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yeah, I get it. I was just musing aloud. But you raise an interesting point- do you know which teams were talked about as to getting the axe?

@ALJ67

Last edited:

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
180 turn around with Brew-ins/Panties last night. I like both teams but really hate the dragged out fights at the end of games. Refs should just call "game over." Pasta getting in a fight with Tkachuck was just plain stupid too.

It appears (once again) Canes can't go far in playoffs, Rangers look far more solidified.

Oiljugs and Canknuckles, I don't like either team but prefer to see Oilers out. If Oilers get eliminated McDavid has to start thinking if he wants to waste his career there.

Avs/Stars? flip a coin on those two teams. Not sure how that series will play out. Two very good teams.

Go Avs!

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Pasta takes on goonboy Tkachuk. Some call him stupid for doing it, others see it as him showing his dedication, courage and leadership. Way to go, Pasta, now score and few goals and shut Tkachuk's skawny ass up. Tkachuk will have a target on his back in Game 3. Maroon will tear his face off and every Bruin will hit him every chance they get. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maroon line up and go after Tka-goon at the beginning of the game. I think thay may have been Pastas first fight ever.

My Avs snoozed for 2 periods and still almost came back to win. Gotta be better boysies.' Credit to Stars tho' ...dang it.

Rangers look good but I still don't think they've played a high caliber team yet. I'll catch crap for saying that. :)

Oilerjugs and Canooks? meh. My buddy picks the Oilers to win it every year. I guess he'll get it right as long as he keeps saying it.

IMO, it always comes down to Goaltending, whoever has the hottest Goalie gets to dance around and kiss Lord Stanleys Cup!

I'm 66 and a hockey follower and player for almost my entire life. I cringe to see these fancy stupid-ass passes when a guy is right in front of the net with an open lane....AND THEY PASS IT OFF!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
<< Snipped bits out >>

I'm 66 and a hockey follower and player for almost my entire life. I cringe to see these fancy stupid-ass passes when a guy is right in front of the net with an open lane....AND THEY PASS IT OFF!
Yep, and the same thing has been happening in the English Premier League recently.

Reactions: kola

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Rangers look good but I still don't think they've played a high caliber team yet. I'll catch crap for saying that. :)
You are right. They let the Caps play way to much, even sweeping them. The Canes have been a goal away in 2/3. The Canes might steal one, but it will be interesting to see the Rangers play in the next round.

Reactions: kola and jpmcwjr

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Hurricanes win one ! Sweet! Good game too! Rangers, by far, the better team but it's nice to extend the series and wear them down a bit. :)

Now, let' go Avs! No farting around, play 3 flippin' periods of hockey!!!

Bruins? I have no clue what is constipating their offense. You have to give credit to Florida. Damn' Bruins can't even get a freaking shot on goal for cripes sake. Their Goalie Swayman has been hot but he can only do so much. IMO, it's a coaching problem as HC Montgomery can't make the proper adjustments. Florida is out hitting them too.

Panthers vs Rangers is my prediction.
Canucks vs Avs in the West

Jacky Eichel and the rest of the Golden Girls are enjoying their time off. Yes, I admit, I'm salty over the dealings with Eichel when he was a Sabre. I love how Sabres get rid of guys and then they blossom on another team.... i.e. Sam Reinhart, Casey Middlestat and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpmcwjr
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That was ridiculous not calling that goal back. Clearly the Bennett cross check is what sent Coyle into Swayman and prevented Swayman from having a chance at making a save. Do I think Boston would have won that game, no, but you gotta get the call right when it’s that obvious. The rule states you can call the goal back in that instance you just can’t asses the penalty.

Reactions: kola and jpmcwjr

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Horrible missed called in Bruin game...a ckear cross check then I tergerence. Yet the experts say all is good. Laughable. Anyway, the Bruins, their just not better than Florida though. And Bennett punches Marchand in the face and he's out for the series. That's bullshit hockey IMO and happens far too often. Karma people say? Maybe so. Bennetts no angel either. And why did Bruins get Maroon??? He did nothing.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
And what's with Oiljugs McDavid getting all dirty after the buzzer? I thought he was better than that. He also had an incident where he came off the powerplay after just 30 seconds. Speculation says he's was having a hissy fit. I see the Oilers going downhill from here.

Reactions: Servant King