PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
That is a great looking pipe and the colouring is fantastic. It is rounding into meer season here. I am a little cautious about smoking mine in the serious sub-zero temperatures we get in the winter.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That is a great looking pipe and the colouring is fantastic. It is rounding into meer season here. I am a little cautious about smoking mine in the serious sub-zero temperatures we get in the winter.
That's one of the reasons I do my year stretches with different pipes. It's less of a race/bowl count but more of a test of the pipes themselves. All weather, temperatures, places, etc. I'm not worried about the cold at all in Wisconsin (could get negative 30 F at times) , and my Altinay is my most expensive pipe.

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
Thank you, sir.
I smoke my meershaums inside and outside all year round. Here in Denmark it can also be very cold in the winter, but I have never had a problem!
Pipes are there to be smoked 😁

Reactions: paulfg

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
I'm starting to notice a pattern with the rusticated meers methinks. Anyways, looks great! I'm trying for a bowl a day as well, so we'll see how a smooth billiard turns out in a year.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thank you, sir.
I smoke my meershaums inside and outside all year round. Here in Denmark it can also be very cold in the winter, but I have never had a problem!
Pipes are there to be smoked 😁
If I could smoke inside, I'd quit cigarettes instantly. Lucky guy! However we agreed that the next house we buy will have an enclosed porch for smoking. And I'm more than ok with that.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
That's one of the reasons I do my year stretches with different pipes. It's less of a race/bowl count but more of a test of the pipes themselves. All weather, temperatures, places, etc. I'm not worried about the cold at all in Wisconsin (could get negative 30 F at times) , and my Altinay is my most expensive pipe.
Yeah, some of my meerschaums are my most treasured pipes and I’d hate to have one crack coming in from the cold.

Reactions: didimauw