PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
Hello all,
Planning a trip to Boston in July and was wondering if there are any shop in the area to visit? Only gonna be there for the weekend to see a concert on a Saturday at Fenway.

• Wow
Reactions: woodsroad

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
L.J. Peretti 2 1/2 Park Square, just between the Common and the Public Garden. Take your wife for a ride on the nearby Swan Boats in the Public Garden. The season started just today and it has been a Boston tradition for a century.

Reactions: romaso and PaulRVA

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
L.J. Peretti 2 1/2 Park Square, just between the Common and the Public Garden. Take your wife for a ride on the nearby Swan Boats in the Public Garden. The season started just today and it has been a Boston tradition for a century.
That sounds awesome!

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Shouldn't be hard to get the wife to go there, so much to do in the area, by the state house and a ton of history in the area and right across the street from the commons, assuming its a nice day the commons will be packed with people having lunch and there, a great area to grab some food, sit on the grass and eat. Sadly the 18 yrs i lived there I wasn't a pipe smoker but i have been in the shop and there are (or were) other little antique kind of shops in the area. There is also downtown crossing a few minute walk from there for shopping.

Reactions: Medy

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Might want to check out Leavitt & Pierce in Cambridge leavittandpeirce.com/home
Also a good choice, walk around Harvard Sq see the house Washington Commanded troops from, Harvard Yard is right there, there is the Hong Kong next door for mediocre chinese food but giant Scorpion Bowls, nice area to walk around at least it was when i was there. Sadly I think Herrell's Ice Cream on Dunster street is long gone :(

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
That sounds awesome!

That sounds awesome!
Peretti is small in size but large in both product and history. The Swan boats hearken back to a simpler time. Don't expect a lot of "new" at either, but therein lies the charm of each.Others have mentioned Leavitt & Peirce in Harvard Square. Like Peretti it has a lot of history and the store itself is very nice. There are some pipes on display, including some of historic interest. The tobacco is almost all Stokkebye or Lane although they often have Gawith FVF in bulk and a couple of blends that originated at
Boston's other traditional tobacconist Ehrlichs (now sadly long gone including the big "meerschaum" pipe that hung on the outside, the pipe door handles and the pipemaker in the window) The store also specializes in shaving implements, games etc.
The people who work there are very nice. Harvard square is still worth seeing, but it is a weak shadow of its former odd and quirky self having been taken over by corporate retail and sad homogenization.

Reactions: Medy

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
Peretti is small in size but large in both product and history. The Swan boats hearken back to a simpler time. Don't expect a lot of "new" at either, but therein lies the charm of each.Others have mentioned Leavitt & Peirce in Harvard Square. Like Peretti it has a lot of history and the store itself is very nice. There are some pipes on display, including some of historic interest. The tobacco is almost all Stokkebye or Lane although they often have Gawith FVF in bulk and a couple of blends that originated at
Boston's other traditional tobacconist Ehrlichs (now sadly long gone including the big "meerschaum" pipe that hung on the outside, the pipe door handles and the pipemaker in the window) The store also specializes in shaving implements, games etc.
The people who work there are very nice. Harvard square is still worth seeing, but it is a weak shadow of its former odd and quirky self having been taken over by corporate retail and sad homogenization.
Yeah unfortunately that seems the way the world has changed over time. Still will be fun to get a tin or two or a bag from there just to say hey I was there.

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
lol well gentleman I will definitely be stopping at Peretti’s. Just found out what’s sitting out front of the store. A statue of my favorite author!! Edgar Allen Poe!