PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Black licorice is a turn off for me. Might as well be mustard. ? I’m sure I’ll try it again like a moron, but I don’t expect much. I don’t know that I draw strong correlations with high-end and tastes good. Sometimes yes..always, no - and the older I get and the more I try - the less I find that tastes good and is high end expensive. All IMO, of course. Not a complaint as much as just not for me. I’m glad other people enjoy it so much. But, I really think you have to like anise flavors to enjoy it.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Black licorice is a turn off for me. Might as well be mustard. ? I’m sure I’ll try it again like a moron, but I don’t expect much. I don’t know that I draw strong correlations with high-end and tastes good. Sometimes yes..always, no - and the older I get and the more I try - the less I find that tastes good and is high end expensive. All IMO, of course. Not a complaint as much as just not for me. I’m glad other people enjoy it so much. But, I really think you have to like anise flavors to enjoy it.
I can say that as a grown-ass man (most of the time), certain foods/flavors that I know I don't like.

I will never purposely eat a grapefruit again, no matter how much sugar you put on or fresh it is.

Green bean casserole is another one. I'm sure yours is the best with the freshest ingredients. Enjoy it, including my portion since it tastes like prison-sereved baby food to me.

First world problems, I know.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
I can say that as a grown-ass man (most of the time), certain foods/flavors that I know I don't like.

I will never purposely eat a grapefruit again, no matter how much sugar you put on or fresh it is.

Green bean casserole is another one. I'm sure yours is the best with the freshest ingredients. Enjoy it, including my portion since it tastes like prison-sereved baby food to me.

First world problems, I know.
Oh no - I get it. You’re just a picky eater. I am too. But, green bean casserole is far better when it’s done with cream of onion and the appropriate amounts of cheese. Cream of mushroom is a horrible mistake for that dish.

But, grapefruit. I don’t like 90% of what I’ve had - but, there is grapefruit out of Florida that is Indian River grown- or branded. Holy shit - it doesn’t need sugar. It’s not acidicly sharp like the rest of the unripe garbage pawned in grocery stores. Soft; juicy and surprisingly sweet. And - odd as it may sound - I like keeping a grapefruit around if I get heartburn too bad - I can drop a half of grapefruit and it neutralizes the heartburn in minutes. I know it’s counter to what should work, but it does. ?‍♂️

Reactions: jpmcwjr

GawithPiper

(NOVAPipe)
Jan 24, 2022
USA
View attachment 128394

Okay, I admit I was afraid of this one opening it. Strong scent of Latakia suggest it's a monster, opening, smelling of a local Indian girl's leather boot unwashed from body sweat, and I don't have a foot fetish so... concerning. What are those peppery little flakes there?! Visions of a Bengal Tiger tearing me into bloody ribbons had me thinking this was going to be a real beast..

Packed its dense sliced bits with some rubbing to break it up into my dedicated-to-English Dracula 999 I set forth expecting the worst.. and then?

Well, heck, this tiger's just a kitten!

Latakia mixed and rubbed with Cavandish vanilla in seemingly equal parts creates a smooth experience and is un-scary. Smoked amazingly cool, though needed a re-light due to it's crumbly, dense nature halfway (again, no shame in a re-light, though it's a rarity for me, and happened again with my Sutliff Blend No. 5) though this time due to some light banter with the Missus concerning the prospect of traveling in a few months if the darn Covid thing goes away.

Creamy Cavandish vanilla scent is around and a touch of Lat making a cream taste as it purred in my pipe without threat. A light, leather shoe musk present, as well as what I can equate to be a spicy cinnamon bark undertone throughout. Visions of freshly picked Bhut Jolakia pepper tingle the taste buds with its orangey-citrus thoughts way in the background distantly.

Nicotine crept up on me a bit but was not overly intense as I feared, possibly coming from the Cavandish than the Latakia. Slowing my pace it settled nicely though and provided minimal dizzy drama enough; the kitten tiger is still a tiger.

This is a benign English blend backed-off with creamy vanilla Cavandish as it plays back and forth, ping-ponging and blending. I bet it'd improve a hair with a cellar'ing for a few years to mellow-out a tad and blend further.

Not as scary as I thought, it's perfectly pleasant and satisfying.

Recommended.
Awesome review! I’m going to pick some up n. Thanks!