Comedic Legend Joe Flaherty is Dead at 82.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I was thinking of the wrong guy when I clicked on this! I think now that the guy I thought this name was -- was "Joe Flynn" (maybe?), the guy who played Captain Binghamton in McHale's Navy. I guess he left us quite a few years back, though.

Reactions: jpberg

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
SCTV was the funniest skit show ever. We Canadians were proud when it was picked up by NBC. Flaherty was brilliant as Count Floyd but the talent that came out of that show was extraordinary. Almost every single cast member became a star. Happily, Eugene Levy, Marty Short and Catherine O'Hara are still going strong.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
SCTV was the funniest skit show ever. We Canadians were proud when it was picked up by NBC. Flaherty was brilliant as Count Floyd but the talent that came out of that show was extraordinary. Almost every single cast member became a star. Happily, Eugene Levy, Marty Short and Catherine O'Hara are still going strong.
I remember watching it when it was actually on and that was one of my introductions to Skit comedy, SNL had nothing on them, just a copy, and many of those great people from the first few years also did SCTV from Chicago. Then again I am also a fan of the Red Green show and just recently binge watched every episode when i was unemployed.

Take off ya hoser! Bob and Doug were obvious favorites.

• Haha
Reactions: dunnyboy