Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bob said
sweet label

Thanks,

C&D is famous for their tin art. If they have label art for Haunted Bookshop I haven't seen it -- mainly because I buy it in bulk and put it up in jars. I make less artsy labels for all the bulks I buy, and print them up on sticky-sided paper. Very convenient because my "cellar" facilities are nothing more sophisticated than cardboard boxes, and I need labels on the lids.
Currently, just finished a bowl of Iwan Ries' Virginia flake, mellowed-out with a 6% addition of perique.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Peterson Merry Xmas 2009 in a Charatan Pot.
charatan-pot-knightsbridge-2502-600x232.jpg

peterson-merry-xmas-2009-002.jpg

circuitjerker

Lurker
Dec 29, 2009
Evening all! Thank you for the chance to join the forum.. Hope you all our enjoying this fine holiday season.

As for me its been Squadron Leader through most of the day , maybe a lil Penzance , nothing fancy . But tonight I opened up a jar of Black Velvet Ive had put away ..not bad.
BDS

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
'Evening all!

I just finished a bowl of Cumberland by GL Pease. It's a full throttle Vaper braced by a stout Burley. For Perique lovers only. Just the right smoke after a spicy meal. Good vitamin-N hit too! As True Grit's drunken, uncouth, one-eyed marshal Rooster Cogburn would say,

"It's gen-u-wine double rectified bust-head." Yumm

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Breakfast was the usual bowl of P.A., coffee, and the morning paper. Right now I'm in the middle of another bowl of Pease's Cumberland. So good it makes you wonder why everybody isn't smoking a pipe.

circuitjerker

Lurker
Dec 29, 2009
How is that Stokkebye's, Dunendain? I"m looking to try on some new/good english bulks .. I really enjoy Squadron Leader and Admiralty ..any thoughts would be appriciated.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Kevin, you gotta get up some pix of those new Charatans for us!
Just finished a load of Frenchy's Sunza Bitches from H&H. Had to smoke nearly two ounces before I could discern the Bourbon finish; but it's a nice effect with the Perique once your palate is able to parse it out.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Circuitjerker, Peter Stokkebye is making some great English, Balkan, and Oriental blends. I used to smoke Squadron Leader and Dunhill 965. I have found P.S. Proper English to be the equal of both, in taste and quality. Balkan Supreme gets 4 stars on Tobaccoreviews.com, and their English Oriental Supreme is in a class of its own. IMO. Right now I am smoking Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake. A very good VAper. I hope that helps:)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Tuesday was some McClelland Holiday Spirit 2008.
Last night was some Troost Special Cavendish, some H&H LJ Heart Virginia, and then some Lancer's Slices.

Status
Not open for further replies.