PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
As a first-time customer, I felt compelled to relate everyone my latest acquisition from Emerson Southern Forged. I had actually only ordered three various pressed non-aromatic mixtures from Mr. Jim Steffey, the proprietor. Let me just say I was delighted by my ordering experience as Jim clearly understands customer-centric relations and is very upholding on responsive communications. When the package arrived yesterday, I was delighted by the extra care taken on his part to ensure my tobaccos were well received, seeing that they were coming from half-way across the country.

Here is the shocker. When I opened the container, I saw four jars nicely smuggling within instead of my expectation of only three. Inside I found a very personalized Thank You card on which he wrote that he apparently felt that I might like the fourth product, Lochmaben, as well. I am guessing this came from the small comment I made in our exchange about my preferences for heady blends. So in an act of big-hearted generosity, Jim sent me that one as a bonus too. Wow!

Just glancing at the specimens of finely pressed tobaccos, I am, to say the least, very excited to delve into these. The attached photo speaks the truth. And yes, he was correct as my initial sampling of Lochmaben leaves a smile upon my face, indeed. Classy operation and one delighted customer. More discussion to come on these blends I can see that now. Check Emerson Southern Forged out my piping friends!

Attachments

• esf1.jpg
    esf1.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 38
  • esf2.jpg
    esf2.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 34

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
I went on IG & found them, but I couldn’t find a list of their offerings. They look like good people to do business with. How did you get a list of their tobaccos?

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
I went on IG & found them, but I couldn’t find a list of their offerings. They look like good people to do business with. How did you get a list of their tobaccos?
Email Jim direct he will send it. I've attached the one from March, but I believe its been updated.

Attachments

• ESF Blend List 3-19-23[315].pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
The same exact post appears on at least two other pipe sites. Nothing inherently wrong with that, simply noted.
I'm not sure if you're talking about my post, but FYI this is the only pipe forum I frequent. I used to frequent another one several years go, but I haven't posted there... Well... In years.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I'm not sure if you're talking about my post, but FYI this is the only pipe forum I frequent. I used to frequent another one several years go, but I haven't posted there... Well... In years.
was responding to your post but not referring to it. My reference was to the original post. The only site I frequent is this one but curiousity led me to look at a couple of other sites where I found the original post verbatim.

Reactions: Wet Dottle