PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

CliftonD87

Lurker
Jun 20, 2022
So, I went to the local tobacco shop this morning and he had just gotten in this gorgeous Peterson System Pipe. What caught my eye first was the condition of the vulcanite stem. I was ok with that as it can be fixed easily. The bowl chamber and the rim were flawless it had been smoked but it was in amazing condition. Well needless to say it came home with me. I am trying to date it but so far not having the best of luck. It smokes like a dream. Very happy with it for the price I paid.PetersonSystemEstate.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That is a gorgeous example of a 302. Sadly I think a 302 with grain like this wouldn't be found on a modern Standard and would be reserved for a Deluxe or at least a Spigot System.

Reactions: Nevaditude

CliftonD87

Lurker
Jun 20, 2022
That is a gorgeous example of a 302. Sadly I think a 302 with grain like this wouldn't be found on a modern Standard and would be reserved for a Deluxe or at least a Spigot System.
I agree, I have a few modern systems and none are as pretty as this one. I have taken the time to refurbish the vulcanite stem as well. My local B&M knows I love my older Petersons so when I come in he digs them all out for me to look at.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I agree, I have a few modern systems and none are as pretty as this one. I have taken the time to refurbish the vulcanite stem as well. My local B&M knows I love my older Petersons so when I come in he digs them all out for me to look at.
Great to have a B&M and even better to have a relationship like that with one.