Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Tonight we will have an interview with Jim Craig from Ashton Pipes. The show will have a James Bond theme since the new movie came out last week.
Here's Brian getting ready for the show in 1970.
brian-vintage-725.jpg

Here's Brian getting ready for the show in 2012.
brian-normal-725.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
How did I miss this? I have two JC Ashtons and will have to listen to the replay. Can the show be downloaded? (it would be nice to listen in my car)

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Al - Yes, you can listen on your mobile device. If you an an Apple product, you can use iTunes, and if you have an Android product, you can use Podkicker. They both work great.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Tonight we will have an interview with Jim Craig from Ashton Pipes. The show will have a James Bond theme since the new movie came out last week.
Here's Brian getting ready for the show in 1970.

brian-vintage-725.jpg

Here's Brian getting ready for the show in 2012.
brian-normal-725.jpg
And He hasn't aged one bit!
On another note... I was just asked to do an Arbitron Radio Survey a week or so ago and I made sure to include the Pipesmagazine Radio Show! I really enjoy it, and need to catch up on the last couple shows!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks! I downloaded I-tunes this morning and have that Jimmy Craig show on a memory stick for my car. I listened to it in the car on a two hour drive to DC today. I didnt have the patience to listen to the show on my laptop; but driving, it is excellent. I'll grab the earlier shows over the weekend, i drive to NJ and NY next week...

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
This was one of my favorite shows so far. I laughed literally out loud during the rant! I could identify with that one for sure. And keep the trivia coming, Brian :!:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'd have loved to call in and ask Jimmy some questions. I'm a fan (and owner) of his Ashton pipes but question his curious method of marketing. It was great to hear his history, most of which I was unaware.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I don't know much, other than what he said on the show, about him or Ashton but I really enjoyed his stories. I think call in questions would be a great addition to the shows format, except this was a pre-recorded interview. Maybe Brian could look into taking Twitter questions in the future as that would be much simpler.

kayak

Lurker
Oct 7, 2012
This was my favorite episode to date! I always love learning about the different history and lore behind various pipe marques, and though I don't own an Ashton, find the history behind the company fascinating. Kudos on the music choice and rant Brian. Live and Let Die was my first exposure to Bond as a kid, and will always be my favorite of the series; plus, how can you go wrong with Jane Seymour? As far as the rant is concerned, I couldn't agree more. As a new pipe smoker, it's bad enough trying to make sense of all the terminology, but the abbreviations just add another needless layer of abstraction that just detracts from the joy of the hobby. Plus, I just hate the word "baccy", it's assaulting to the ear and just sounds... odd...

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Don't feel bad Brian, I too was perplexed as to what in the hell a YABO was. I only knew of yabos meaning boobs from the movie "Hocus Pocus" lol. We live in an age of far too many acronyms. I try to only use them when I'm trying to sneak a text to the missus when I'm at work. I'm also a grammar freak and do wish society would lean more towards speaking and writing like they did in the 40's or 50's.
Another great episode. Keep up the good work all of you who are working on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.