Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I had a large Star cutter similar to that. It did an OK job.

View attachment 303677

I got a Yankee Slicer. Does a much better job in my opinion. It’s a bypass cutter.

View attachment 303678
I've restored a number of slicers and plug cutters but the Yankee No.0 is by far my favorite. Here's one I did last year.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I've restored a number of slicers and plug cutters but the Yankee No.0 is by far my favorite. Here's one I did last year.
Wow… you went whole hog on that restoration. It looks great!

The Star anvil cutter did an OK job, it was something that I got cheap, repainted and sharpened the blade as best I could.

The Yankee cutter allows me to get fine cuts, about 1/16”, consistently.

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
I've looked at some of these on ebay and I'm really interested in purchasing one simply to appease my first world problems. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but there are a good amount of them available to choose from. Does anyone have suggestions of what to look for regarding one that might work a bit better than others?

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I've looked at some of these on ebay and I'm really interested in purchasing one simply to appease my first world problems. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but there are a good amount of them available to choose from. Does anyone have suggestions of what to look for regarding one that might work a bit better than others?
if you’re handy and can refurbish it, there’s some really good deals. I’m not handy. I live in a small apartment. I can’t do the refurbishing so look for some thing in that case that doesn’t need refurbishing?