Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest tonight is Tad Gage. Tad is the author of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cigars", which originally had a chapter on pipes in the first edition. He is a collector of high grade pipes, tobaccos and cigars. He has two of his own pipe tobacco blends on the market - Three Oaks and Three Oaks Syrian made by McClelland. Tad was also the publisher of The Compleat Smoker magazine in the early 1990s.
We are doing sound and equipment checks now and getting ready to start in 30 minutes.
Brian is in the studio with his bags packed for the West Coast Pipe Show, and is heading straight to the airport as soon as the show is over.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That Brian could find a relationship between toilet paper and the relative popularity of pipe smoking makes me think he has serious issues -- IYKWIM :lol:
Great show. I had a lot of fun listening. Really good commercials too! Is there a professional ad agency doing them?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I wrote and produced the 4noggins ad based on Rich's input that he wanted a female with British accent.
SmokingPipes and Missouri Meerschaum had their ad agencies do their ads.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Kevin I enjoyed the guest Ted, he had an honest ring to him, good show, but I wondered how Brian would have fared with corn cobs as we did , no, they are not only used for smokeing. LOL. The old cajun

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Just got done listening to the show. Great interview, if I could request follow-up questions, I would love to hear more about the process of developing his 3 oaks blends. I think people would really love to hear some behind the scenes stories about how our favorite (or not so favorite) blends came into existence. Still really enjoying the show and definitely looking forward to this week's episode! Keep up the great work!!!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Another great show, just got done listening. I like the direction the last few have been going. Great pipe stuff in the beginning, excellent interviews with people in the business and the rants are always fun.

scottso

Lurker
Jul 17, 2012
Just finished this episode today (I am about two weeks behind) enjoyed the interview and look forward to the follow-up interviews, especially if they get into the blending of the tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.