PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
2013 1792 Dark Kendal Flake from a friend across the pond.View attachment 307958View attachment 307959View attachment 307960
Best part is, after being held up at USPS after Customs, the pipe and tin showed up, only to be followed by a form letter a couple of days later saying my pkg could be confiscated and destroyed and if I continue buying and shipping contraband I could face criminal and civil charges for violating the PACT act😆
I should’ve taken a picture to share before sh*tcanning the letter.
Does the tonquin still jump out of the tin when it's aged?

Reactions: Steddy

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
View attachment 307710This tin decided for me to be the next one opened. I was just looking through my drawer of tins and noticed that it was popped. Looking at the inside of the lid, I was worried that the contents would be dried out, but I think it’s still good (probably the perfect hydration, but I’ll be smoking soon to determine that!)

This is a tin from Nov 2012, but was sent to me by @rmbittner early 2023.

View attachment 307711
View attachment 307712View attachment 307713View attachment 307714
I
View attachment 307584View attachment 307586
This isn't like any other darkfired/Virginia on the market. Smoked, BBQ goodness.
What year is your tin from? Looks a heckuva lot fresher than mine. Fortunately, despite the corrosion and broken seal, this flake smells heavenly and tastes as good as it smells. One of the smoothest, richest tobaccos I’ve smoked. Hope you are enjoying yours!

Reactions: Steddy

Manawydan

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2024
Opened my first tin of Russ Oulette's Fire Storm this evening. Had a very sweet grassy tin note and the insert card was the most damp I've felt in a new tin. The tobacco itself didn't seem too wet. I fluffed it up and let it air dry for a bit before packing the bowl of my Stanwell HCA VII smooth bent egg churchwarden. I placed the rest in a ready-to-go 8 oz Ball canning jar. Got pepper spice and smoke immediately. Some citrus, raisin, and like a molasses oat roll flavor developed by the first third of the bowl. Quite tasty!

IMG_4175.jpeg

IMG_4176.jpeg

IMG_4177.jpeg

IMG_4178.jpeg