Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
They voted AGAINST the PACT Act. Thanks to the Native Americans.

Looks like it is dead......for now.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/06/us/06seneca.html

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Cool. Now teenagers and even little babies will be able to smoke!
f71fe768-301f-4af4-8d29-602afcb5ba4b.jpg

Of course I am just joking.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Yep I bet every 8 yr old in American is on the internet right now buying his first tobacco. Upon trying it they will all immediately become addicted and die of cancer shortly thereafter.
Oh the children.
Disclaimer: The content of this post is not intended to portray a disdain or lack of appropriate concern for "The Children". To be crystal clear it's their hysterical and over protecting mothers I can't stand.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Per the article:
"The Senecas and their lobbyists won the support of other Indian nations and advocacy groups, including the National Congress of American Indians, by attacking the proposed legislation as an intrusion on Indian sovereignty. The Senecas charged that it would give states powers to police Indian land; its Congressional sponsors dispute that. "
----
Hopefully this will help set a precedent and a guideline to leave reservation smoke shops alone, as sovereignty has been breached before, albeit by the feds. Some time ago, Lil' Brown Smoke Shack was raided and temporarily shut down by the IRS.
This is great news. Who'd have thunk it about the Seneca Nation swooping in to save the day?
What's also exciting is thinking about the PR nightmare antis could bring upon themselves. It'll be interesting to see how they can attempt to mudsling without seeming horribly un-PC. I shouldn't underestimate the antis' arrogance, though I'd be overjoyed to have them sully their own image.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
LMAO at Kevin's pic post!
Dudley, I was talking to Kevin about that very subject yesterday when I found out about it.
If you read the NY Times article closely, you can tell that they are already upset and trying to sling a little mud towards the Senecas. If they take it too far, all of their efforts will start to unravel. I hope that they do because I will be standing back, laughing and enjoying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.