PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Oh and here's another that came today. Falcon standard curved stem with meerschaum lined billiard bowl. Dental bit as well. View attachment 309512
Where are you getting new Falcon stems and bowls? I wanted to get some new ones to gift, but after several years of not looking for them, they seem to be in very short supply. The Falcon-branded meerschaum and meerschaum-lined bowls were nowhere available.

Reactions: FalconForever

FalconForever

Might Stick Around
Mar 22, 2024
Sussex, England
Where are you getting new Falcon stems and bowls? I wanted to get some new ones to gift, but after several years of not looking for them, they seem to be in very short supply. The Falcon-branded meerschaum and meerschaum-lined bowls were nowhere available.
Hi. My usual shop is Smoke King but like everywhere they don't carry the whole range at any one time. Another good supplier who have a good range of stems is My Smoking Shop. If you Google Falcon Pipes you'll see other suppliers and it's a case of trawling through to see what's in stock.

With regards meerschaum lined bowls, apparently there is a shortage of meerschaum at present and it's a case of whatever stock is left. I found the pipe I showed here on eBay so got lucky. Lot of shops selling older unsold stock on eBay so that's worth a check.

My Smoking Shop also do a unique range of hand carved meerschaum bowls to fit the Falcon range from a supplier in Turkey. Of course the shops mentioned are UK based and if you're anywhere else you'd have to enquire about shipping etc.

Hope that helps and you get lucky in your search!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Hi. My usual shop is Smoke King but like everywhere they don't carry the whole range at any one time. Another good supplier who have a good range of stems is My Smoking Shop. If you Google Falcon Pipes you'll see other suppliers and it's a case of trawling through to see what's in stock.

With regards meerschaum lined bowls, apparently there is a shortage of meerschaum at present and it's a case of whatever stock is left. I found the pipe I showed here on eBay so got lucky. Lot of shops selling older unsold stock on eBay so that's worth a check.

My Smoking Shop also do a unique range of hand carved meerschaum bowls to fit the Falcon range from a supplier in Turkey. Of course the shops mentioned are UK based and if you're anywhere else you'd have to enquire about shipping etc.

Hope that helps and you get lucky in your search!
Good morning, FalconForever! I will check a wider range of UK shops. GQ has some stock, but I will widen my search. Thanks for the tip! I was afraid you might report that Falcon shuttered.

Reactions: FalconForever

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I know people who love these pipes. Without denigrating anyones personal tastes I have just never understood the appeal of smoking a pipe made out of a length of break fluid piping, recycled Colt 45 Malt liquor cans and a drilled out wooden door knob. I think I own one that belonged to my late Father probably from the early 1970s which was used for smoking other 'things' when I was at university. When used for smoking other 'things' it excelled and certainly beat the pants of the old 'Octo-Bong' for delivering a cool and bite free mind expanding smoke!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I know people who love these pipes. Without denigrating anyones personal tastes I have just never understood the appeal of smoking a pipe made out of a length of break fluid piping, recycled Colt 45 Malt liquor cans and a drilled out wooden door knob. I think I own one that belonged to my late Father probably from the early 1970s which was used for smoking other 'things' when I was at university. When used for smoking other 'things' it excelled and certainly beat the pants of the old 'Octo-Bong' for delivering a cool and bite free mind expanding smoke!
Old pal, I often repeat your pronouncement on Falcons when smoking my own in mixed company. Your comment now has new relevance. Since Missouri has gone all-in on that other leaf, I am warier of smoking my Falcon in places where it might get me mistaken for a partaker.