PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
+1 for a natural unfinished cob. I don't know if they're the coolest, but they seem to smoke pretty cool. Try one - it won't set you back much.
The most important thing is slowing down, and you'll get better flavor that way too. Choice of tobacco is also a factor. Black cavendish, perique, and latakia are widely believed to bring the temperature of a blend down.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
In my experience the blend being smoked is much bigger factor than the pipe itself. Latakia heavy englishes tend to be pretty cool smoking and more immune to freight train puffing where as a sweet blend puffed quickly will get very hot. For example I recently put some heat blisters in my Ebony Spigots black lacquer because I really went hard on a bowl of Glengarry Flake. Lessons learned!

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but nothing says “cool” when it comes to styling any better than a Tom Eltang bamboo billiard. Aesthetics aside, it always delivers a cool, smooth smoke due to Tom’s briar selection, drilling and stem work.

Attachments

• IMG_6005.jpeg
    IMG_6005.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 9

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Reactions: OzPiper
Apr 2, 2024
Eastern CT
I just got a Nording Eriksen and like it quite a bit. I don't know about THE coolest smoking pipe, but it's definitely my coolest smoking pipe. I also really like the Missouri Meerschaums with small barrel-shaped bowls, the Eaton, Huck Finn, Pony express, etc. I find them cooler and easier to smoke than the larger cobs.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
If you can find a Menthol tobacco, it's the coolest tobacco, used to have one in the UK in the late 60's and early 70's. mates of mine used to smoke it, I smoke only English and Lakelands, both smoke cool as long as you smoke it right.