PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC
Since I run loads for a grocery/ general merch store chain I am being reminded that Fall is right around the corner. My loads are containing a bunch of back to school stuff.
Which has me back in the search for a good fall aro that is a good maple. I've tried Maple Street- not impressed. Tried Autumn evening..... again, not impressed. I had a good batch of Sutliffs Rum and Maple and that set the bar high but it seems the mixture got changed up and now is as yawn inspiring as the other two.
Any other good recommendations out there that is obtainable? I saw a video review of Kendall New Prince from Gawith Hoggarth but don't see anyone carrying it here in the states.
Has to have a good room note. Remember I am in the truck 5-6 days a week. So when I climb out and back in I want to be able to enjoy it and not whence and wait until I go nose blind again.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
C&D Redburn has molasses & rum. @Chasing Embers turned me on t that and I've smokes it heavily ever since.

I recently popped a tin of Two Friends Heritage, which has a bit of rum and maple, also. I'm enjoying that one, if I can keep my cadence down a bit.

FWIW, I didn't enjoy my trial of Autumn Evening. The two I mentioned are closer to nonaromatics than full aromatic, but that is where my tastes lie.

EDIT: I think I have an older tin of the Sutliff one that I took in trade and will likely never smoke. Let me know if you want it.

1658873407368.png

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
C&D Redburn has molasses & rum. @Chasing Embers turned me on t that and I've smokes it heavily ever since.

I recently popped a tin of Two Friends Heritage, which has a bit of rum and maple, also. I'm enjoying that one, if I can keep my cadence down a bit.

FWIW, I didn't enjoy my trial of Autumn Evening. The two I mentioned are closer to nonaromatics than full aromatic, but that is where my tastes lie.

EDIT: I think I have an older tin of the Sutliff one that I took in trade and will likely never smoke. Let me know if you want it.

View attachment 159157
Didn't get any maple from that one but the molasses is certainly there.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Wilke’s Vermont Maple is pretty good… I like that and Autumn Evening.

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC

View attachment 159157
I may give this a try. My last few C&D offerings haven't been agreeable to me. I am unsure what they use on the tobacco but something in there mixes leaves a coating and bad after taste no matter the blend. Always feels like I just ate raw celery.

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC
Wilke’s Vermont Maple is pretty good… I like that and Autumn Evening.

Just ordered. Fingers crossed! Thnx for recommendations!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
slightly off-topic, but ....

Why does Fall/Autumn = Maple ???

Maple syrup is made in the late winter to early spring (I know, living in the heart of maple syrup country, i.e. Northwoods Wisconsin).

Personally, I just want to smoke latakia/Balkans as the weather turns a bit cooler, or burley-heavy blends (for example, HH Burley Flake).

But if you are looking for a maple-ish aro: Aylesbury Dragon Flake, if you can find it.