PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dmitri1516

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2022
Title edited- caps and specificity.

Hi guys may I know how to use this type of pipe cleaners ?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 16760617014882614036918467458263.jpg
    16760617014882614036918467458263.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

Dmitri1516

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2022
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday you are supposed to use the blue / wider end first. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday use the white / narrow end first. Sunday use the bristle cleaners for deep cleaning and then follow up with regular pipe cleaners.
Alright. Could I just only use the blue white pipe cleaners without the regular pipe cleaners ?

Reactions: kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I would use it as a pipe cleaner? In the stem & mouthpiece...
What else would you use it for?
Now see, I think like you do. Though, my 23 yr old soon to graduate college daughter messed my head up with this one the other day. She got in the truck with me to go to the store, as usual I had a lit pipe in my face. As we started down the driveway she looked down in the console and then looked me square in the eye and said “oh cool, you have pipe cleaners…….what do you make with them”?🤣

Dmitri1516

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2022
Doesn't matter which end. Also, it might not work well as some of the colored pipe cleaners are really made for children's crafts. Try it and see how it works. BTW, Where are you located?
So it's okay to just use the blue white pipe cleaners without using the normal pipe cleaners? And I'm located in Singapore. Hbu ?

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I'd use ones made specifically for cleaning pipes, which are generally white and made of cotton (I like the BJ Longs brand in the round bundles). The craft ones are generally colored and made of polyester, which isn't absorbent. But if the blue-white ones are much cheaper, try them and see how they do. I'm in the NW corner of the USA.

This is what kids do with them:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'd use ones made specifically for cleaning pipes, which are generally white and made of cotton (I like the BJ Longs brand in the round bundles). The craft ones are generally colored and made of polyester, which isn't absorbent. But if the blue-white ones are much cheaper, try them and see how they do. I'm in the NW corner of the USA.

Well, I see you're no fun! 😂

• Haha

Dmitri1516

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2022

The blue white pipe cleaners are actually from savinelli but it doesn't go all the way from the tenon to the mouthpiece and I bought like 2 packs of it

Reactions: Deano and kurtbob

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
... it doesn't go all the way from the tenon to the mouthpiece and I bought like 2 packs of it
Do you mean from the mouthpiece to the bowl? If so, and it's a bent pipe, sometimes you can bend the last 1/4" of the cleaner and then turn it as you press and then it will go through. The other option is to use a little riffler file to smooth the path so the pipe cleaner will pass all the way through. If you do mean from the tenon to the mouthpiece, then you have some type of obstruction in the stem.