PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
So here in Grand Rapids Michigan we have a distillery called Eastern kille. They make a hops fused gin that’s awesome for cocktails. It cuts the pine taste way down and allows more floral notes. I do 1oz equal parts of gin, cold brew, sweet vermouth and averna amora. View attachment 262574
That’s a great vermouth, I like to use (when I can find it) Discarded Sweet Cascara vermouth which is made with the berry fruit from coffee beans. The company makes several spirits with the parts of various fruits that would normally be thrown away.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I ended up with 2 pounds of the 22 so I didn't go for the 23. I remember thinking it had gone flat after a bit of time out of the original packaging, I think Embers had said that too. Now I'm not too sure, seems like there is plenty for my tongue after 2 years in the jar.
I think it’s getting better with age too, I’ll probably leave my 23 for another year or two before I go back to it.

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Been smoking some of The Briary's house blend "Ephemeris". It is a pure, uncased and untopped blend of three different Virginias, which is pretty unique. I'm not big on straight VAs as primarily an English smoker, but this is an exception. Infact, it's the best VA I've ever had. It's got some slight spice to it and different sweet fruit notes. I highly reccomend it. You can order now at their online website. It's fantastic. 20231119_072951.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.