PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Just as with my tobacco, my choice of pipe is mainly selected according to my mood.

All I wanted today was no work or social commitments and to go 4 wheeling with my wife and daughter to help de-stressfromall my work and social commitments. My wife and daughter slept in and then took some time getting ready so we had a late start. Chose a different trail due to the late start. Not ideal.

Got on the road, stopped and topped off the gas tank, and hit the trail.

The moment we left pavement I started to feel better. We ran Rocky Gap Road backwards and it was phenomenal. Rains not long ago moved the boulders on the backside and made the trail challenging in a very good way. Caught up to a guy who had never driven the trail before at the most difficult section and gave him help on what lines to take for a beginner. The section was tough enough it required 4 Lo and locked axles to crawl through/over the boulders no matter what line you took. I chose more challenging and fun lines. It was a blast. The only problem was mid to low 30 degree temperatures kept me from enjoying a pipe.

We made fairly short work of the trail so I opted to head south off of Blue Diamond Road just as it starts uphill.

I hadn't really driven much here but the trails are easy enough most 2 wheel drive can make them which put me at ease since it was now dark.

Turned off a main trail onto some unknown trail that repeatedly criss-crossed a wash and had a "Caution, Flash Flood Area" sign at the start.

What a great trail! Bypasses for all of the riskier stuff but still tons of fun in the dark. We're going to try to run it next weekend during daylight with some friends so we can try the riskier stuff.

Home now with the wife, daughter, and dog inside having fun.

The days events and coming home to Christmas decorations and music just really put me in the mood for a churchwarden tonight.

Sitting on the back patio with some Astleys 44 in a Savinelli 921 black rusticated churchwarden and a glass of Sempe Vieil 15 year old armagnac:

1000011373.jpg

1000011374.jpg

Life is good and I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am right now.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I no longer own a CW, had two over the years. The closest thing I have now is this clay Cutty and I enjoy it tremendously, it's a hair over 8 inches.

View attachment 268798

Long pipes are a definite animal in their own right, somehow more relaxing.
I do enjoy the 3 long stem clays I have. Whenever I decide to smoke them...KIMG2936.JPG

Last edited:

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Not sure if it's the weather or what but this time of year always makes me want a really long stem clay pipe like the ones you see Santa depicted with while he reviews his list. I think Markus Fohr makes one.

Reactions: Zero

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Nice rig, hope one of your buddies has a winch if it gets hairy out there.
I had the Willie's version for a while up here in North Idaho but my wife had never seen the south so we traded it in for a minivan and went on a road trip for like a year, missing the Jeep right about now. We are only at about 4 inches but it's the first of many snows and it's still coming down.

May you always have at least 3 points of contact.

Reactions: shanez