PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Third one down from the top right in the center?
I don't own any really interesting historical pipes outside of that one and a meerschaum 'cutty' given to the winning jockey of the Kentucky Derby way back when. I have the letter from the surviving relative who sold me the pipe for $20. My friend Weezel had a pipe that belonged to Frank Vizetelly the illustrator for the Illustrated London News who covered the South during the civil war. I don't know who has it now since it wasn't among his pipes when I inherited them but it was quite interesting and had a rather fascinating back story.

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Sutliff States of Virginia in a Radice Rind Straight.

Getting ready to watch some more Jamestown, and this is certainly a fitting blend for the show too... LOL 😆

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 277122

This one goes out to @The Clay King ❤️

Here’s the intro to the show you can see here in this Vimeo video.

Here’s some cool screen shots...

The Black Smith’s fire...

View attachment 277124

A woman overlooking a tobacco field...

View attachment 277125

Clay pipe... :)

View attachment 277126

P.S. This Jamestown show is when the English first settled too in Virginia, notice the English flag in the credits. :)
@PipeIT I couldn't ask the blacksmith to light my clay every time; he'd think I was a nuisance:) Jason the blacksmith thinks I'd smoke the entire tobacco harvest:)

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Sometimes I get a craving for something different, like anything different that I don't have open at the moment.
Yet I hesitate to open new tins when I've got "sufficient" open ones that "should" satisfy.

So the last couple of nights I've done this crazy mix of 2 I don't usually grab much.
I keep a tub of Carter Hall on the shelves and that shit will last for decades I'm sure with just the tight plastic lid on it.
I also have a tin of Ennerdale that doesn't see much activity, and it's getting a little dry.

Well, crumble up some Ennerdale and mix it with about 5 parts CH and I've got a crazy bat-shit mixture that seems to satisfy the "cravings" of late.
Only 2 bowls like that so far, but the pipe may be permanently disfigured and doesn't want to show it's face.........
;)
That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Sutliff States of Virginia in a Radice Rind Straight.

Getting ready to watch some more Jamestown, and this is certainly a fitting blend for the show too... LOL 😆

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 277122

This one goes out to @The Clay King ❤️

Here’s the intro to the show you can see here in this Vimeo video.

Here’s some cool screen shots...

The Black Smith’s fire...

View attachment 277124

A woman overlooking a tobacco field...

View attachment 277125

Clay pipe... :)

View attachment 277126

P.S. This Jamestown show is when the English first settled too in Virginia, notice the English flag in the credits. :)
@PipeIT I'd smoke that clay - how much leaf do you think I'd smoke in my clays if I visited Jamestown?

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Good Saturday all! I am smoking a new briar, oval bowl. Opera pipe I believe. I bought this as an unfinished Italian stummel a year ago. As I don't have fine wood working or pipe making skills/knowledge, I just cleaned it and rubbed in carnuba wax. Finally found a stem that fits it. Am breaking it in carefully and slowly with SWR, non aro. It smokes really nicely. Has nice grain for not being high priced pipe. I think I'm going to like this little pipe20240106_123442.jpg20240106_123327.jpg20240106_123320.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@PipeIT I'd smoke that clay - how much leaf do you think I'd smoke in my clays if I visited Jamestown?

It’s a good thing you weren’t living in Jamestown in the 1600s. I’m afraid you’d be a smoking train, daily puffing, also hanging in the tavern daily. LOL 😆

Simpler times like that, do like nice, but also difficult. hmm 🤔

Take care of yourself, aloha! 🤙

P.S. Oh the Clarin clay pipe Canadian on SPC is back in stock, I plan to get one...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.