Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The plot thickens.
You could wait it out a bit. If that pipe in Italy has remained unsold since 2021 there’s a good chance it’ll hang around for a bit longer. See if something turns up in a month or two and if not then you can probably still grab that 313.

But if you really love the 313 then I’d say splash the cash now. I had the thought with a different Pete that it would continue to hang around unsold since it’s been years since its release. Kept putting it off though I would check if it was still available every few days. After an about a month or month and a half of doing that I checked one day and it was gone. I’m still pissed about it.

Reactions: Nevaditude

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
You could wait it out a bit. If that pipe in Italy has remained unsold since 2021 there’s a good chance it’ll hang around for a bit longer. See if something turns up in a month or two and if not then you can probably still grab that 313.

But if you really love the 313 then I’d say splash the cash now. I had the thought with a different Pete that it would continue to hang around unsold since it’s been years since its release. Kept putting it off though I would check if it was still available every few days. After an about a month or month and a half of doing that I checked one day and it was gone. I’m still pissed about it.
I've put a watch on it and will wait. I've got a few others I'm working on getting.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
The system 313 has lately become my 'go to shape'. puffy I NEVER have a bad smoke in one.
I LOVE my 313, bought it new last year and it smoked like a champ from the first bowl. I've kind of made it my VA and VaPer pipe. Absolutely lovely with some St. James Flake.

What is the difference with the 317? Smaller bowl but slightly heavier? Is it more of an apple shape, like a mini 303?

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I'm pleased to report that I found myself a consolation prize. Not a PSB, but a beautiful pipe that's been very lightly smoked so I'll have no reservation about doing so myself. It hangs / clenches real nice, UmHmm.

Some were begun early in the process so didn't have the "J" stamp (proper year), but this one does. Yes, although much of it is the angle of the pic, the stamping is very slightly worn.

View attachment 288272

View attachment 288273

View attachment 288274

View attachment 288275
In case anyone wonders how it smokes - FANTASTIC.
I think I need a full harem of 9BC's.
For me it clenches with a similar angle & stability as my 314's with the new acrylic stems.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I LOVE my 313, bought it new last year and it smoked like a champ from the first bowl. I've kind of made it my VA and VaPer pipe. Absolutely lovely with some St. James Flake.

What is the difference with the 317? Smaller bowl but slightly heavier? Is it more of an apple shape, like a mini 303?
317 is billiard shape and the chamber is quite small.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I thought it looked more like a pub pipe. Good price on it. If I didn't already have 2 D18 shapes, may have gone for it.
Yes you are right about it being a pub pipe. I overlooked that they also have the “hand made” stamp.

Here you go @AroEnglish

He also sold a 2021 POTY.

I would have grabbed both if I were quicker.

Reactions: Nevaditude