PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

methomp

Lurker
Sep 22, 2016
I have primarily been an English smoker. However, in the last couple of years, I have started to enjoy Escudo. I know, I know, the king of the vapors. Who wouldn't love Escudo? Ask me about an English blend, and I can be of a great deal of help. When it comes to vapers, I'm still a novice. Many of you may say there's no reason to try anything else in this space besides Escudo. I do occasionally smoke, PS, luxury, navy, flake, and bull's-eye flake; pretty good. But, given the cost, and the lack of available discounts on Escudo, are there any other vapors that anyone in the group could recommend?

Reactions: Buckeyestime

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Its not a knockoff but HU Directors cut is always a vaper to try. Edward G is excellent too. It supposed to be in the US sometime.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I’m not big on perique but I did just finish my only tin of escudo a few weeks ago which was enjoyable. The PS blend doesn’t compare by a mile……I just tried 2 bowls of 4 year old bullseye after finishing the escudo and the rest of the jar went into my donate pile.

Strangely enough Dorchester kind of fits a similar world for me as the escudo was hitting even though it had a fruity topping. That doesn’t really help you though with ease and cost of acquiring.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Lots of great vapers out there, imho. I'm a fan of Viprati, and Match Victorian is a darn good smoke. Evening Flake is always satisfying, too. Peretti St. James Mixture, Bayou Morning, and for something a little different and a real treat, SPC Deception Pass.

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
To my tastes, Viprati might be the most Escudo-like VaPer I've had... and it's much cheaper.
Personally I like a little burley in my VaPers. If you're an English smoker you might like that too. The Rattray's holy trinity (in particular HOTW) and Savinelli Doblone D'oro are other faves.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
are there any other vapors that anyone in the group could recommend?
I’ve never had Escudo so I can’t compare it to anything but the world of VAPers is vast.
Instead of listing the blends, I’m gonna list the makers of my favorite VAPers.

Ken Byron Ventures
Watch City Cigar
LJ Peretti
HU
Cornell and Diehl
Sutliff.

I don’t really give a rip about STG blends for some reason.
Look around at the VAPer offerings from these companies. Some really amazing shit going on in VAPer land.

Reactions: BenMN and FLDRD

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
I like to buy bulk tobacco and mix my own. I think Firestorm might be considered a VaPer, and I've enjoyed that blend in years past. Way too pricey for my pocketbook now.
Match Victoria is a decent alternative to the more expensive tinned VaPers.

Reactions: Scottmi

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Are others under the impression that almost all blends with vitamin P shy a little on the perique? I am guessing its expensive. Lately, when I have time Ive been adding a just a pinch of blending perque to a lof of my vaper blends when I mix a pipe. Maybe its just my taste. I know there are a few P bombs in the US but the are not in the EU.

For HU fans who smoke White Horses try adding a pinch. Its pretty incredible.