PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just had a quick bowl of C&D white burley and red Virginia in my Peterson 80s bulldog, as a test.

IMG_3504.jpeg
When I bought this pipe, it was my first new “nice” pipe, and I decided it would be a dedicated Virginia/VaPer pipe. However, it always hissed and gurgled a little with those blends. I blamed the plumbing of the pipe but acknowledged that my technique could be to blame, as well. I recently decided I should try smoking other things in this pipe to see if that just works better. I still don’t love burley as much as other leaves, but this definitely smoked drier, despite the dampness outside. I’ll keep trying VaBurs, along with more natural (read: known to be unsweetened) Virginia-based blends to see how they do. I’d love to find something that makes this pipe more of a go-to.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and am half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

Sam the Scamp was outside three times today, and twice around the house. The babies are getting a little bigger, and four of the five now have their eyes open. The dark one with the bobtail liked having its chin rubbed, and gave me a love bite along with a few kitty kisses. So far, it seems to be the most independent one of the bunch. The orange ones mostly stay huddled together. The other dark one is often at the bottom of the pile. It’s no wonder that Sam needs an occasional break.
BabiesNursing2.jpg
MCBuried2_n.jpg

I’m very certain that Harry the Hairy fathered the two darker kittens. I finally saw the orange tabby who likely fathered the other three, and I managed to get a couple photos of it eating from behind the glass door. I’ve wondered whether or not Sam goes looking for one or the other of them when she’s outside.
BabyDad2.jpg

Tomato the Brave was absent until late this evening. I wonder where he goes? Daisy stayed inside all day, and looking beautiful while she was lazy. Abner the Eager has been in and out all day, but he’s snoozing now.
DaisyBBClose2.jpg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Ive still a bit of a scratchy throat but damn it, Im gonna smoke the new to me Paul Becker Dublin. So far its a nice smoke with a good open draw. Its a bit long for a clencher but I like it. Im smoking HU White Horses plus a pinch of extra perique.

View attachment 298266
8C07DCDD-3189-489A-95CC-0A3753448209.gif
Gorgeous! The Horn really sets it off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.