Which Peterson Sherlock Holmes is Rarer.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Jacono Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Ashton Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Dirk Heinemann Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Is the Meerschaum or the system variety in the respected shapes more rare. I'm eyeballing a meershaum and a system but I don't know which to go for. If any of you more knowledgeable Peet Guys can help me I would highly appreciate it

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
My man, you may get an answer if you wait more than 30 minutes.

Paging the Pete Geek Squad (apologies if I missed a hooligan):

@ashdigger
@RustiePyles CPG
@Streeper541
@AroEnglish
@ssjones
@TheIronMonkey
Wow, that’s some pretty esteemed company to be tagged in. I’ve made it, Ma(rk Irwin)!

Is the question “is a Sherlock meer or a Sherlock system more rare?” I think both are decently rare. I think the systems were made in the early 90s and only released in the Original and Baskerville shapes. The meers I think were released in all the regular Sherlock shapes.

But that’s the best I’ve got off the top of my head. The other guys tagged in Amish’s post will have vastly more accurate info. I’d also suggest doing a search through PPN.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Some other examples:

Seems like they were from the late 2000s.

Reactions: FLDRD

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I saw this one on eBay and had to laugh, the seller knew nothing at all about it and it went for 750, clearly (because of the stamp duh) a Sherlock meer.

That was the 1st sale, which apparently fell through. It resold the next week for ~ $560 IIRC. (Too lazy to look; it was in my watched list)

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
That was the 1st sale, which apparently fell through. It resold the next week for ~ $560 IIRC. (Too lazy to look; it was in my watched list)
To be honest i didn't even know sales could fall through, i thought there were some strict rules about that, unless they received the pipe and the pictures didn't tell the entire story, but yes definitely the same pipe and 200 less, first sale of it was up to $750

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
To be honest i didn't even know sales could fall through, i thought there were some strict rules about that, unless they received the pipe and the pictures didn't tell the entire story, but yes definitely the same pipe and 200 less, first sale of it was up to $750
Someone with actual knowledge (not me) of how the bidding works and when someone can back out, explained it earlier this week on this very pipe. In the "Completed Ebay" sales or similar thread.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
What might be rarer still are those green Sherlock Holmes meers, from 10-15 years ago? Remember seeing them for sale here in England, but never seen one since. I didn’t like the look of them myself.
IMG_7831.jpeg