PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
One of my Dunhill innertube patent pipes has a really open draw without tube inside. I'm thinking that the tube that's missing will do just the trick. Anyone have experience with Dunhills with/without tube? Also, anyone have one or know where I can find those? This is strictly to tighten up the draw.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I find the restricted draw of the tube to be unpleasant. And it doesn't really help keep the draft hole clean. But, to each his own.
Not a fan either but if i had to chose i would take the tube (phrasing) over a stinger, stingers are horrible to me and a pain in the ass to clean them out, at least with a pipe cleaner .. i guess the hot water method would work better for those but i'd rather just stay clear of them.

Reactions: mingc

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Not a fan either but if i had to chose i would take the tube (phrasing) over a stinger, stingers are horrible to me and a pain in the ass to clean them out, at least with a pipe cleaner .. i guess the hot water method would work better for those but i'd rather just stay clear of them.
I can see what you guys are saying and normally wouldn’t be interested in something like this, but this particular pipe needs one. I've tried packing tight and all different ways, it's just too open. I have to huff it and it just isn't right and proper.