PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RPK

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
I was actually thinking the opposite.
If you look at post #37, I don’t think I want it dangling closer, and that may be why someone bent it to where it is now.
Then again, I may try it-firing up the goatee on relights may break up the monotony of the day…
Looking back at your post #37 I have to agree. I don't clench so I was thinking which maybe isn't my forte. :rolleyes:

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2018 SG Best Brown in a Stanwell Hand Cut

52891069343_3625d6a31a_o.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Trying for the first time gifted to me from @Akoni808 ❤️

Peterson Royal Yacht in a Radice Rind Straight.

When I first started smoking a pipe in the early 80s, Dunhill Royal Yacht was one of the first blends I tried. I got back into pipes four years ago, from my first start in the early 80s, but I’ll never forget how amazing this Dunhill version was.

Now ‘Consistency’ is a word that pops into my mind, as in, how consistent has STG possibly been with this blend, year after year since it’s been under the Peterson name, to compare against what I now have before me, that I don’t know.

What I do remember is that the Dunhill version was more copper in color, and the smell was stronger, and slightly sweeter than this, with it’s unique aroma.

Also, whatever that Royal Yacht flavor was back then, this doesn’t have that flavor.

This is barely a faint version of the past, and with a brand as old as Dunhill, for as long as Dunhill had been around, and the manufacture of this blend, it’s not fair to compare it the original.

And for those of you who missed the original, it was a legend unto its own back then! 👍

Actually, now that I think about it, I‘m not sure if I had the Dunhill version in the early 80s, or the Murray version? Hmm 🤔 Either way it was amazing.

Be well everyone! 🤙 ❤️

IMG_1914.jpeg

Last edited: