PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am half way through this bowl of year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

I heard Harry the Hairy yowling early this afternoon. He was intimidating Abner the Eager. I moved Harry away from Abner, and end up giving attention to both. Neither ate much dry food because of their frayed nerves. I went walking right after that, and when I came back, Abner was waiting under a car for me. I gave him lots of attention as I know he misses being in the house with us. Daisy the Feral Princess was not amused. Abner showed up four times today. I know he misses spending time with us. We haven’t seen Tomato the Brave since Saturday. This is the longest time that he’s been away.
AbnerFeetHappy1.jpg
AbnerFeetSide1.jpg
AbnerFeetHappy2.jpg
DaisyDeckStareAbner.jpg

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
@PaulRVA Nice Winslow. You dont see too many posted here

Time for a little experiment. I have some HU JU52 which is an aro (rasberry topping). It was just a bit strong with the topping. Im mixing it down with some Louisana Broken Flake which has the same components. Its much better now. Just a subtle hint of fruit popping through on occasion. I can enjoy this, its now barely an aromatic. The good thing about HU aros is that its still good tobacco and they still taste like tobacco. Next time I think it might be good with a little pinch of latakia. Its in a D. Rovera brandy

1714739910631.jpeg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
@PaulRVA Nice Winslow. You dont see too many posted here

Time for a little experiment. I have some HU JU52 which is an aro (rasberry topping). It was just a bit strong with the topping. Im mixing it down with some Louisana Broken Flake which has the same components. Its much better now. Just a subtle hint of fruit popping through on occasion. I can enjoy this, its now barely an aromatic. The good thing about HU aros is that its still good tobacco and they still taste like tobacco. Next time I think it might be good with a little pinch of latakia. Its in a D. Rovera brandy

View attachment 307504
Thanks @Sigmund ,
I wish I could find Louisiana Broken Flake over here. What is your opinion of it ? I’ve been wanting to try some for quit awhile .

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
@PaulRVA Louisana Broken is good but for me its not as good as Directors Cut and Edward G. That said, its still good. Its just a bit more simple. Its a tasty vaper but I mostly use it in vairous blends. For me Dirctors Cut is a very thoghtful tobacco. You really want to sit back and enjoy it. Louisana is more an on the go smoke. Its not as sweet and simultaneoulsy dark rich tobacco. Its just a good vaper with clarity.

The thing I like about a lot of the HU blends is there seems to be more separation of flavors. Its not rough or edgy but somehow they are not flat or one dimensional. I like some of the Dan pipe tobaccos but I find them a little flat in comparison. If I were to suggest HU blends they would be DC and EdG first. The two are also good mixed. I dont know if or when K&K will get tobacco to the states. They bought out HU but I dont know that its spread yet.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
@PaulRVA Louisana Broken is good but for me its not as good as Directors Cut and Edward G. That said, its still good. Its just a bit more simple. Its a tasty vaper but I mostly use it in vairous blends. For me Dirctors Cut is a very thoghtful tobacco. You really want to sit back and enjoy it. Louisana is more an on the go smoke. Its not as sweet and simultaneoulsy dark rich tobacco. Its just a good vaper with clarity.

The thing I like about a lot of the HU blends is there seems to be more separation of flavors. Its not rough or edgy but somehow they are not flat or one dimensional. I like some of the Dan pipe tobaccos but I find them a little flat in comparison. If I were to suggest HU blends they would be DC and EdG first. The two are also good mixed. I dont know if or when K&K will get tobacco to the states. They bought out HU but I dont know that its spread yet.
Thanks for the advice I will take it to heart if or when I can get ahold of any over here. I actually have a Tin of Directors Cut from 2015 or 2016 and you may have intrigued me enough to actually pop it open.
Have a great weekend!