Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Definitely 👍. Watched A New Hope last night with the family for Friday Night/Movie Night. It was the first picture that I ever saw. My Aunt & Uncle took me when I was 3 1/2 to a local drive-in. The Series has special place. 👍☕
I’m looking forward to sharing the Star Wars universe with my kids. I’m thinking maybe this summer, once school and sports are over. The question for me is, do I start with A New Hope, or Episode 1? The original trilogy is far superior, but the ‘prequels’ do provide some backstory. 🧐

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I’m looking forward to sharing the Star Wars universe with my kids. I’m thinking maybe this summer, once school and sports are over. The question for me is, do I start with A New Hope, or Episode 1? The original trilogy is far superior, but the ‘prequels’ do provide some backstory. 🧐
My vote is a New Hope. I had the same thoughts with my grandkids and came to the conclusion that they needed to see it the same way I did in 1977 and thats loud, dark in stereo and surrounded by Dot’s, Snow Caps, Hot Tamales and Soda!😀

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
…be with you. Happy Star Wars day!
View attachment 307751
You know that image is going to be copied...

Actually, that light saber lighter caused a question to enter my pre-coffee brain. Remember the old car cigarette lighters? I wonder how something like that could be made into a pipe or cigar lighter. Think of it, no sulfur or lighter fluid aftertaste, doesn't extinguish is a very slight breeze.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
My boys are both 11 & 9 and they are brainwashed properly to love Star Wars. 🤣

And, it was a funny conversation explains to them how “A New Hope” was the 1st picture made, but the 4th 🎥 in the chronology of f the series.

Then I went into how the first 3 🎥s sucked versus the “OG 3” of A New Hope, Empire & Jedi. And, that although thankful for the new installments…Lucas decided to pad his billion wad with diminished storylines and not the best selections of players…I mean Christiansan as young Anakin …c’mon! 🤦‍♂️🤣☕

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
My boys are both 11 & 9 and they are brainwashed properly to love Star Wars. 🤣

And, it was a funny conversation explains to them how “A New Hope” was the 1st picture made, but the 4th 🎥 in the chronology of f the series.

Then I went into how the first 3 🎥s sucked versus the “OG 3” of A New Hope, Empire & Jedi. And, that although thankful for the new installments…Lucas decided to pad his billion wad with diminished storylines and not the best selections of players…I mean Christiansan as young Anakin …c’mon! 🤦‍♂️🤣☕
And let’s not forget that Jar Jar almost single-handedly killed the franchise. Yeah, I’m thinking get them hooked on the OG trilogy. Then they’ll be a bit more forgiving of episodes 1-3

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
You know that image is going to be copied...

Actually, that light saber lighter caused a question to enter my pre-coffee brain. Remember the old car cigarette lighters? I wonder how something like that could be made into a pipe or cigar lighter. Think of it, no sulfur or lighter fluid aftertaste, doesn't extinguish is a very slight breeze.
Full disclosure. I copied that image! 😜

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
May 4th has been my birthday for 50 years as of now. That predates the original movies by a little and the cultural dominance by a lot.

Maybe it's just the half-century talking - but I really wish your children's space opera would get off my lawn.

Happy Hack-becomes-billionaire day!

PipeWI

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2023
Somerset WI
Without doubt, A New Hope. All other opinions are from the Dark Side.

Last edited:

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
No such thing as “A New Hope” to those of us that waited in line to see Star Wars when it debuted.
It was worth the wait for this nine-year old, but was handily bested by my first time seeing the midnight movie that followed: Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

YMMV, and I wish my Mattel Millenium Falcon had remained pristine in the box rather than meeting its demise via a can of AquaNet and a bic😆
Good times…

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
My May the 4th story:

Worked with a guy who was a bad cook and worse person, so I mind my business around him and don't associate except when necessary. My girlfriend gets invited to his wedding (she was friends with the bride), on Thursday, May 4th and it's a Star Wars themed wedding.

I was working in Lansing during the week and cooking in Metro Detroit on the weekends, so I took 2 days off to attend a wedding I didn't want to go to for a person I disliked. However, I'm a good sport and bought the couple a German cuckoo clock that was Star Wars themed, with a light saber show, music, etc.

Groom pulls me aside before the wedding and says "The only reason you're invited is your girlfriend." I got that Joe, and it's the 14th reason why I don't want to attend. Now I'm pissed and the clock is not returnable at this point.

Cue the wedding. It's a dump. Fine. The decorations are merely cardboard cut outs of characters. Okay, not my thing. But I behave.

When the newly weds went to the different tables to thank people for coming and introduce themselves, the groom shook my hand and pulled me in close. "I told you I didn't want you here and still don't." And that's when I saw red.

I behaved, but didn't sign the book or make a "video greeting". It's hard to rattle me, but I was livid and shaking with anger.

A few weeks later, I get a non-descript note in the mail that merely said "thanks for coming" and was only signed by the bride.

I never cared for Star Wars, but have been to a themed wedding. At least I got this story out of it.