PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
This is the fourth bowl from the Blue Boar pouch I opened yesterday. Very dry out of the pouch with some distant hints of Latakia. A sweeter, more subdued aroma. It smoked just fine, but there's just not much there to write home about. The Latakia is there faintly and the burley is far enough along where it's just not very interesting either. I'm hesitant to call it stale, but maybe headed that way.
Kind of like finding a loose cigarette in between the seats of a car, at first, it's "Hey, alright", but then you smoke it and figure it could have stayed hidden.
1000005033.jpg

It's pretty damp here this weekend so I decided to leave a bowlful out in my shop overnight; a half-assed hydration experiment. Still smokes fine and still not much to it.
This pouch, anyhow, has lot a few steps with age, as have I.
Won't stop me from smoking it. 😉

Roach1

Can't Leave
Nov 25, 2023
Germany
Macbaren Navy Flake in a Pete SPD 2011. I finaaly got this cleaned up enough to really smoke. I smoked it once last month but was not satisfied with it. Reamed and water rinsed,then coated the chamber with honey let it dry then rinsed again. Stem wet sanded because of serious oxidation and polished with Sav Stem polish. I sanded the stem a bit more this morning and will polish it after this smoke. I have quite a few pipes I am working on to get into shape. They have been in the cabinet almost 14-15 years. I started smoking again in November last year a have kept it up. Next to debut is a Karl Erik Handmade.17149266469128741612706761139360.jpg

Last edited:

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Newminster 403 in a Ropp Vintage with horn stem

53591591119_bab442f2cf_k.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. It rained all day and night yesterday, and it will be spotty today, so no walking for me today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

SmokingInTheWind

Might Stick Around
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
FINALLY! The deck is open for business - and a real spring day for a really nice change. The pups are out, Lucy is a big girl now! Nording Woodcock and Nording Hunter Retriever. First bowl I’ve had in some time - tired of the garage, lol. View attachment 308071View attachment 308072

I don’t currently have dogs but your pictures of Lucy are tempting me to get another Lab. It probably won’t happen though. I’m getting used to being able to find two socks or two shoes where I left them, instead of just one. 😀

Last edited:

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Feliz Cinco de Mayo mis amigos fumadores de pipa! Just got back from our local El Rancho Grande for a fine lunch and just one frozen margarita, mind you, Back home for some more multi-culture indulgence, a ballsy British tobacco of renown, and one heady American porter that has absolutely nothing to do with holiness, ha ha. Incidentally the pipe shown is an estate I just restored that was made by the now defunct John Redman Ltd. and British Empire Pipe Co of London. Most likely a siesta is in order after knocking this tasty combo back. Clearly, life’s simplest pleasures are always the best, do remember that.

thumbnail_IMG_2204.jpg