PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
I was in Richmond VA today, and got a chance to visit Sutliff and get a tour of their tremendous facility. Jake McKenna runs the concierge service for Tobaccopipes.com, and I got to pick up several pipes and a load of tobacco. I highly recommend this service. Jake was great.

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5594.jpeg
    IMG_5594.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5598.jpeg
    IMG_5598.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5599.jpeg
    IMG_5599.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5626.jpeg
    IMG_5626.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 75

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I was in Richmond VA today, and got a chance to visit Sutliff and get a tour of their tremendous facility. Jake McKenna runs the concierge service for Tobaccopipes.com, and I got to pick up several pipes and a load of tobacco. I highly recommend this service. Jake was great.
What does "concierge service for Tobaccopipes.com" mean? The only thing I've ever used a concierge for was to call a cab!

Reactions: Mike N and Laurent

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
What does "concierge service for Tobaccopipes.com" mean? The only thing I've ever used a concierge for was to call a cab!
Basically an in-store experience at the factory. Check out pipes, sample tobacco, meet Jake, have a good time. All catered for you.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I use them to procure tickets to ball games, plays and concerts. They are usually very good at finding tickets to sold out events and reservations to restaurants with "reservations available." They'll locate reputable guides, tours and, yes, taxis with reputable, useful drivers. A proper hotel concierge is invaluable for the traveler. And, should they prove so, a right proper tip at the end of one's stay. All that said, I have no idea of the duties of a "tobacco concierge."

Well, judging from the above, he/she acts as the factory "tour guide."

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I bet someone felt like a kid in a candy store. LOL 😆

Look at the shelves lined with goodies! 😮

Looks like an amazing time! ❤️

Thanks for sharing! 👍

Reactions: Mike N

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
Glad I shared this. Here are a few photos of the pipes I bought, including an estate Davidoff and a Chacom opera, as well as a Kristiansen squashed apple, a Reum and a Nuttens.

Attachments

• IMG_5618.jpeg
    IMG_5618.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5616.jpeg
    IMG_5616.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5609.jpeg
    IMG_5609.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
Glad I shared this. Here are a few photos of the pipes I bought, including an estate Davidoff and a Chacom opera, as well as a Kristiansen squashed apple, a Reum and a Nuttens.
The Nuttens and Reums are 🔥 hot hot hot. Well done, sweet haul

Reactions: Mike N
May 10, 2024
It was a great time hosting you Mike, any time you are in town please com back by. I enjoy the hang and talk after your appointment.

If anyone is interested please check out the link below.

What we do is try to make a custom pipe experience for you. We will pull a dozen or so pipes out of our 4000 pipe inventory for you to feel and hold before your purchase. You can also explore our One of a Kind pipe section. You can also adventure through the shelves of tobacco's and get lost in the bulk section. If you are interested in Cigars you can immerse your self in our giant humidors. And to top it all off if you want a tour of Sutliff we can arrange for that, and quite possibly Jeremy McKenna the President of Sutliff will be your tour guide.

Reserve your experience below.

Thanks .
Jake

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
It was a great time hosting you Mike, any time you are in town please com back by. I enjoy the hang and talk after your appointment.

If anyone is interested please check out the link below.

What we do is try to make a custom pipe experience for you. We will pull a dozen or so pipes out of our 4000 pipe inventory for you to feel and hold before your purchase. You can also explore our One of a Kind pipe section. You can also adventure through the shelves of tobacco's and get lost in the bulk section. If you are interested in Cigars you can immerse your self in our giant humidors. And to top it all off if you want a tour of Sutliff we can arrange for that, and quite possibly Jeremy McKenna the President of Sutliff will be your tour guide.

Reserve your experience below.

Thanks .
Jake
We finally pulled you in? The Mid Bird! Welcome.