PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a three quarter bend smooth dark brown Made in Ireland (1938-1948) pre-Republic Peterson 367 with a 5 in a circle Shamrock apple military mount with a black vulcanite flared p-lip saddle stem. It's been a while since I smoked this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Apple367_3_Shamrock.jpg

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Enjoying the blue-gray skies as the rain that was threatening all day finally falls.
Bowl 59 in the figurehead, War Horse.

Currently reading the part of Legend Of The Golden Witch where family patriarch Kinzo refuses to leave his study to have lunch with his children and grandchildren because they're all failures and disappointments who exist only to pick his estate apart when he dies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Working in the garden most of this windy day. Then relaxed in the closed porch with a bowl of Mapacho. My first time with this somewhat exotic tobac, thanks to a generous sample from @TheIronMonkey . Thank you sir! Sure never expected to try this stuff! Smoking it in my oldest clay, bought in 1990. As you can see, it's been around the block a few times. This tobacco has a wonderful smell and taste. Can feel the nic hit for sure, but no whirlies. It's a bit irritating in my throat. But it might be partly due to this nasty wind, with it's accompanying dust and pollen. Will reserve judgement20240509_164808.jpg after I've tried Mapacho again another time.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Working in the garden most of this windy day. Then relaxed in the closed porch with a bowl of Mapacho. My first time with this somewhat exotic tobac, thanks to a generous sample from @TheIronMonkey . Thank you sir! Sure never expected to try this stuff! Smoking it in my oldest clay, bought in 1990. As you can see, it's been around the block a few times. This tobacco has a wonderful smell and taste. Can feel the nic hit for sure, but no whirlies. It's a bit irritating in my throat. But it might be partly due to this nasty wind, with it's accompanying dust and pollen. Will reserve judgementView attachment 309002 after I've tried Mapacho again another time.
Give me a distinct lingering tongue “zing”…. Not burnt, just uncomfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.