Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
I have to give praise where praise is due. Today I had a notable experience with the folks at LJ Peretti's customer service which deserves to be shared.

After placing an online order earlier this morning I later realized I had forgotten to add a few ounces of 111 to my order and called to see if it had been shipped yet. After being greeted by not one, but two people (on different lines) attempting to help, the one that I proceeded to complete the interaction with was polite, courteous and went out of his way. He pulled the order, added my specifications and mentioned that this was one of his personal go-tos. He brought up a couple other blends, as we were going on about burleys and before we were done offered to send free samples of all we discussed. To top it off, he said they'd try to have it shipped out by the end of day.

Simply top notch. Good business. I would encourage anyone to check out their site and order with reckless abandon. :)

-Happy Customer

Last edited:

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I have to get back here. I used to frequent Peretti’s for cigars in the ‘90s when I worked in Boston. Of all the cigar establishments I used to patronize, only Peretti’s remains. I stopped in last year for cigars and the smell of pipe smoke was wonderful. I wonder if it subconsciously sent me on my pipe journey.

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
I enjoy Tashkent as well. It’s their only blend I’ve tried.

Any other recommendations? I love burley and I hear good things of their burley mixtures.

I tried 9 of their blends recently, both burley and VAs, and personally enjoyed the following 3 most of all:
-Cuban Mixture
-Blend 111
-No. 8 Slices
It wasn't that the others didn't have decent to good flavor. It was simply that they were too light for me, coming from a cigar background.

The only one of the 9 i didn't care for was Ampersand. The reason there was it's lakeland-esque (parfumed) nature. It's not strong, but i found it incredibly distracting from the VA.

Reactions: Dr Drago
Jan 7, 2024
I just got an order from Peretti on Saturday. Topped off my Tashkent and got sample ozs of a few that I had been looking at for years, but never jumped at. I have to say, what was I thinking not trying D-7485 before now?? Maybe it's the burley, which I've never been strong on, but this is an exceptional blend.