PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with pipe maker Anthony Hopkins. Anthony makes the Castle Briars pipe brand. Anthony became interested in pipe smoking from observing his English and music teachers. He started smoking a pipe as a senior in high school, and then made two pipes in wood shop. He went off to college to become a mechanical engineer, and built a career in the field, but never forgot about pipes. He realized that a great deal of engineering goes into the making of a pipe, and in 2019 started researching pipe making. Then in 2020 he started making pipes. At the top of the show, we’ll have an “Ask the Pipemaker” segment with pipe artisan Jeff Gracik.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.
Anthony-Hopkins.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I'm continually impressed about how open established artisans are to mentor aspiring carvers. I wouldn't think that you can just reach out to guys like Angelo Del Prete, Yeti, or Michael Parks and expect to get a response. I'm still dreaming of carving one day and this is so encouraging.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm continually impressed about how open established artisans are to mentor aspiring carvers. I wouldn't think that you can just reach out to guys like Angelo Del Prete, Yeti, or Michael Parks and expect to get a response.
Bruce Weaver walked me through several and I got to watch him make one of mine. I also got to see a collaboration pipe made by him and Werner Mummert.