PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Felt like a very old man today as I was speaking with a customer and I said this. He laughed and said he hadn't heard that in about 20 years. We got to thinking that's probably true - I don't know when that died out but it's dead now.

I remember my parents ordering pizza and we'd set the timer.

I'm not sure anything has replaced it either. Maybe 30 minutes now seems like a long time?

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Felt like a very old man today as I was speaking with a customer and I said this. He laughed and said he hadn't heard that in about 20 years. We got to thinking that's probably true - I don't know when that died out but it's dead now.

I'm not sure anything has replaced it either. Maybe 30 minutes now seems like a long time?
Domino's ended its 30 min guarantee because their delivery drivers ran over too many people! Domino's - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domino%27s#30-minute_guarantee

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas

We seldom order pizza. Recently ordered from our local Pizza Hut who said it would be there in 45 minutes. An hour and a half later, no pizza. I was fuming and decided I'd drive the whole 10 blocks there and demand $ back. Just as I was about to head out the back door to do that, they showed up at the front door with it.:mad:

It was only Dominoes that had 30 minutes or free. They pre-make the pies and just throw toppings on them and run. For the most part, this made their crust suck.
Little Caesars had the decades long run of two pizzas for the price of one, but unfortunately Little Caesars made both of them, so doubling your nastiness wasn't exactly a win.
Pizza Hut Was good, but they were always the slowest, probably because they actually made a good tasting pizza.