PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I'm going to be selling my primary English/Balkan pipe on here next week, a Savinelli Miele 611 KS Bent Dublin. I enjoy the look of the stem very much visually, but I'm just not into the Dublin shape so much. So as a result, I like the pipe, but I don't love it. Changing tastes perhaps. I have been eyeing several Savs in both the 320 and 321 shape to fill its place, and upon reading this bygone thread, I'm leaning more toward the 321 shape. I love how light on the clench the Miele is, and it would appear that the main argument for the 321 over the 320 is the lighter weight, and this will be an important attribute for the Miele's replacement to possess.

I'd like to hear some folks' take on the 320 versus the 321. Carry on!

Reactions: JOHN72

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I have too many pipes now but if I were to get one of those two I would get the 321 as I do not like pipes with a chamber diameter wider than 20mm as I find they burn too fast and have too much draw. Just my preference. You have to decide for yourself. I haven't bought a 321 because I have a Peterson meerschaum lined 999 which i really like (17mmx35mm chamber) and I don't see much difference in a 20mmx35mm chamber and similar shape.

Reactions: Servant King

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
For me, the 321 as I like a slightly smaller pipe in general, and only travel with smaller pipes. A 320 would be fine, it would just be one that stays on my back porch for when I want a larger bowl at home. Currently, I only own a 321 (author), and it's one of my most frequently used pipes. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People love their 320's, and I won't rain on peoples' parades. I've always thought they were a little heavy for their size, though I like the look of them. Instead, I opted to get a Luciano author that has good capacity and a fine author shape, but that weighs less. I suspect the 321 would be a good compromise. But I concede, in general, the 320 is one of Savinelli's most popular shapes, and I love my other Sav pipes.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
I have two 321s. Wonderful size for my English smokes, when I smoke it as I’m more of a burley man.

I feel the 320 would be too much size and weight for me. Sometimes even the 321 seems a bit heavy on my teeth.

But I like medium to small pipes, my daily driver is the savinelli 106, straight billiard. Also have the slim 105, classic small vintage shape.

No wrong choice here, both are great…

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
shekel if you have one. If not whatever works. The thing is when you flip a coin somehow it becomes clear how you really feel. You either feel relived or disappointed and if you're just fine then it clearer didn't have a right answer.
Yup. My 9 year old has to do eeny meeny mini mo, every time. But she knows what she actually wants, and changes the game so that it works to her favor! Hahaha

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yup. My 9 year old has to do eeny meeny mini mo, every time. But she knows what she actually wants, and changes the game so that it works to her favor! Hahaha
I remember certain kids doing that but in situations like who gets the big piece of cake or something like that. And then there was that kid who was the stupidiest kid I knew, he'd try to get the outcome he wanted by trying again (from the same starting point) and stating his luck was poopy because he got the same out come no matter how often he tried it. He was my first stupid with a caveat (the caveat in stupid with a caveat is that you have to often explain there is no exaggeration hyperbolic or otherwise a real human person actually did or said that thing).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: didimauw