PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Capone

Lurker
Oct 21, 2022
North Carolina
I did a search and looks like there were some Zoom threads years ago but nothing recent. Do we have access to a zoom? Is there interest in setting up a weekly zoom call, you know like every friday night starting at 8pm and just leaving it open and whoever can join joins and hang out and smoke and chat? Or even as we did on a cigar board, the line is always open and members could post they are jumping on line and people that see it can join if they want so that it doesn't have to be set times, just set times for the larger group to try to get together.

Is there any interest in this?

If there is I don't think zoom accounts are expensive, maybe a couple hundred bucks a year, if there is interest maybe people would want to chip in 5 or 10 bucks or something and we could get a zoom account set up and just throw a password on it that we all know so that' it's secure?

If you think I'm an ass on here you ain't seen nothing yet! :D LOL

I'm open to suggestions!

EDIT: I just realized of course it would have nothing to do with the board and they would have no liability or responsiterbly at all. I suppose that's a question for powers that be here if this is even allowed to be posted. Sorry.
I'm interested in participating. Pricing Zoom vs Google Meet one may offer an advantage over the other.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Yep, count me in as well.

Edit: Yes, Zoom gives you a 40 minute time limit for the free version. FYI I don't know if this still works, but there's a "hack" to getting around that time limit. Seeing as it involves participants "leaving" and returning to the meeting without ending it, this might be tough to coordinate between more than a couple people. Food for thought, though...

Last edited:

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Yep, count me in as well.

Edit: Yes, Zoom gives you a 40 minute time limit for the free version. FYI I don't know if this still works, but there's a "hack" to getting around that time limit. Seeing as it involves participants "leaving" and returning to the meeting without ending it, this might be tough to coordinate between more than a couple people. Food for thought, though...
EH i have a job lol don't need to do silly things to save a few bucks a month, of course this is why i'll have to work till the day i die, well that and the asldfjas ex wife.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
@Chasing Embers : I was once upon a time a member of another pipe forum where yes, I had stalkers. All they were doing was participating in every thread I participated in, making snide comments. Once I saw the pattern I put each of them on 'ignore'. Job done. 'Stalking' isn't really something to be concerned about unless they do it in real life, at which point you contact their local police department.

I've read your posts for years and I don't see anyone boiling bunnies in your future.