PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
These were my gateway drug into the world of Castello Sea Rock pipes (and Old Antiquary to an extent). Started with the billiard Stromboli, then loved it so much I started seeking them out. The Hawkbill is my latest and rarest. They are fantastic smokers and I love the way they look. If you have a beloved Stromboli, post a pic!

Untitled23.jpg

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
These were my gateway drug into the world of Castello Sea Rock pipes (and Old Antiquary to an extent). Started with the billiard Stromboli, then loved it so much I started seeking them out. The Hawkbill is my latest and rarest. They are fantastic smokers and I love the way they look. If you have a beloved Stromboli, post a pic!

View attachment 290986
Nice pipes

Reactions: filmguerilla

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I bought my first Strpmboli years ago and have to admit it caught my eye because it looked like a Searock, and I bought it because it was really cheap. I didn't expect much when I lit it up for the first time, but am pleased to say it smoked surprisingly well. The finish is amazing, and in my humble opinion, rivals a Castello (I know, heresy). I own about a half dozen of them and if I were in the market for more pipes and wanted to do it on a budget, I would go after these.... but that's just me. If I had one thing about them I would change it would be the stems. I don't care for the screw in, although it seems to work well. And I could live without the wild colors. I've done a little work on the mouth piece with some sanding and polishing to make for a more elegant look and comfortable feel and now they're just fine.

Want a great smoking pipe at a great price? These might be for you. puffy

Reactions: filmguerilla

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
I bought my first Strpmboli years ago and have to admit it caught my eye because it looked like a Searock, and I bought it because it was really cheap. I didn't expect much when I lit it up for the first time, but am pleased to say it smoked surprisingly well. The finish is amazing, and in my humble opinion, rivals a Castello (I know, heresy). I own about a half dozen of them and if I were in the market for more pipes and wanted to do it on a budget, I would go after these.... but that's just me. If I had one thing about them I would change it would be the stems. I don't care for the screw in, although it seems to work well. And I could live without the wild colors. I've done a little work on the mouth piece with some sanding and polishing to make for a more elegant look and comfortable feel and now they're just fine.

Want a great smoking pipe at a great price? These might be for you. puffy
I'm going to have to agree with you about everything you said. They are damned fine smokers, but the screw in stem just seems like an issue waiting to happen. Thankfully, nothing has happened with the stems on any of my Strombolis, so maybe I'm making more of it than it is.

Reactions: Searock Fan