Anyone Here Like the Ashton Cabinet Cigar?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
They are a favorite cigar of mine. Smooth, Creamy and Mild! I want to enjoy a cigar down to a tidy nub, stand up, go on with my day and not feel a thing.

Reactions: Goose55

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
To me these the epitome of entry level luxury cigars. Way too mild to be interesting to most serious smokers but to some they are in fact tasty.

Sep 18, 2015
I think they are a great change of pace when I’m in the mood for something different/lighter than the full bodied Nicaraguan flavor bombs I normally smoke. I generally keep a few of The #6 on hand for those occasions.

Goose55

Lurker
Nov 20, 2023
I just ordered a box of 50 of these little guys, Ashton Connecticut Half Corona. They are 4 1/8 x 37 and mild to medium, with the same tobaccos as the Ashton Cabinet, so I am sure I will like them. Has the Connecticut Shade Wrapper. They come ready to smoke, so no need for a cutter. There were extensive 4.9/5 rave reviews

I was surprised to learn some time back that most of the flavor from a cigar is derived from the wrapper. I also like the simple packaging. Why pay all that extra for fancy tins, or cedar boxes?

1700596380743.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: onestrangeone

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Not a bad cigar, but terribly overpriced. I'm working my way through a box of the no 4 right now, but it's not something I smoke regularly. The blend reminds me of the Don Carlos in some ways, but with less oomph, complexity, and flavor development. Honestly, I should've just bought a box of Don Carlos instead

Reactions: Coreios

Goose55

Lurker
Nov 20, 2023
Not a bad cigar, but terribly overpriced. I'm working my way through a box of the no 4 right now, but it's not something I smoke regularly. The blend reminds me of the Don Carlos in some ways, but with less oomph, complexity, and flavor development. Honestly, I should've just bought a box of Don Carlos instead
I have tried many cigars and I know I am a mild-Med guy. I also love the Cabinet because of it's very rich, complex flavors. The filler and binder in the Cabinet is aged to a minimum of 4 - 5 years, but considering Fuentes massive arsenal of tobacco it is said that it could in fact be aged 8 or 10 years. The Connecticut Shade is also aged an additional year. But, as you say, if a person wants and prefers a stronger cigar, then this one is not their ticket.

Goose55

Lurker
Nov 20, 2023
They are a favorite cigar of mine. Smooth, Creamy and Mild! I want to enjoy a cigar down to a tidy nub, stand up, go on with my day and not feel a thing.
Yes. Smooth, Creamy and Mild. Hear, hear! I feel the same! I like the No 4s so well, I am afraid to try any other shape or size.