B&M Cob Score - What's Your Latest Score?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
18 Fresh Barling Pipes
New Accessories
2 Fresh Micah Redmond Pipes
12 Fresh White Elephant Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I went in one of those "Tobacco Shack" type stores recently - the kind that sell everything from cigarettes and dip to some pretty decent cigars and a few pipes and pipe blends. They had a fair selection of pipes and tobacco, mostly run of the mill stuff like Rossi/Savinelli pipes and some Mac Baren and Sutliff blends. What really caught my eye was a bunch of older cobs hanging at the bottom of the wall, including discontinued ones like Great Danes. The guy behind the counter confirmed that they had been there for years and they rarely sell one. I offered to clear them out if I could get a really good price on them.

So I walked out a short time later with a heavy sack of thirty cobs, mostly Diplomat, Country Gentleman, and Great Dane, with a few odd Washington/Legend pipes thrown in, for less than $3 per pipe. I was pretty excited about that deal, considering that the hardwood plugged pipes go for about $15-20 now. I plan to use some for cob-modding projects I had planned, possibly including an Oom Cob/Cobgarian and some Cobwardens.

What scores and unbelievable deals have you come across in your B&M adventures?