Bad Experience With Pipes & Cigars (Lost My Cringle Flake)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhe033

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2020
Indiana
Congratulations on the new addition.

With P&C I’ve had mixed results, almost all around packaging. An order earlier this year was just tins thrown in a box with a hole in the side covered by tape. I know they taped the hole because their packing label was over said tape. And to no one’s surprise, a tin of Warhorse Bar was missing...I didn’t bother following up, which was definitely my fault, but I didn’t have the time.

Last week I ordered again to see if things improved and was shipped 25 tins in immaculate bubble wrap in a rather rapid fashion.

So who knows over there, it’s a bit of a crapshoot. ?‍♂️

20 minutes on hold... wouldn't answer your calls... what's going on in P&C CS dept...
Best Elf Mailroom GIFs | Gfycat

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
20 minutes on hold... wouldn't answer your calls... what's going on in P&C CS dept...
Best Elf Mailroom GIFs | Gfycat

I called 3 times.. on hold for 30 mins plus. How busy can they be? I think they just don't answer the "trouble phone". I worked at a used car lot like that once..

Thing is... My problem was over some cob stems, they sent me all regular straight when I ordered bent danish. with all the money I've spent with those assholes, they could have fixed the problem for 2 bucks.. Hell, I would have been happy if they said they'd include them in my next order. Even if you are running a shitshow, seems look like you could go the extra mile and fix a 2 dollar problem.

Reactions: anotherbob
Oct 7, 2016
Pipes & Cigar is usually a crap shoot, unless I'm unicorn hunting I try to stay away from there.
Unicorns are the last thing to buy from P&C. For whatever reason, their order system software just seems to be unable to handle the mad rush for limited stuff. This is nothing new.

@blendtobac, Russ, is a member here and responds to PM’s in a reasonable time. He can’t solve every issue, and when they sell out of a limited item, he can’t make more appear, nor can he put money in your bank account when you are overdrawn.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Hang on a sec, first off, congrats , but was your card negative when they processed?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Reading this thread, and the other thread on eBay sellers, I'm struck by the widely different experiences people have.

I've had no serious problems with P&C. Their packing sucks, but other than that I've had generally smooth sailing for years. Clearly others have experienced P&C as an ongoing shit show with horrible customer service policies.

Same holds true with the eBay seller under discussion on the other thread. Some people have had no issues with that seller ever and have nothing but praise, while others would happily tie the seller to a stake and toss the match.

I suppose nothing is a sure thing except that nothing is a sure thing.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Sadly, it won't be long before someone else posts about yet another bad experience with P&C. One would think at some point, people would be embarrassed to post about a problem with P&C because they'd be embarrassed having purchased from them given all the bad stories they've read here. I suppose the lure of a couple of dollars of discount or availability of a certain blend causes one to lose touch with their common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.