PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
@RookieGuy80 @ChonkyTonks @ssjones

It looks like our Chambersburg visit is going to be this Saturday, September 2nd. It’ll take us close to three hours to get there, so we might arrive around 12:00 noon or 1:00 pm. We plan on checking out the antiques in the area; Boswell’s looks like it closes at 4:00 pm on Saturday and the other shops around 5:00. As this trip is also for Susan to enjoy, I can’t spend all day at the pipe shop, but if you will be in the area, I’d be happy to coordinate a time to meet at Boswell’s and hang out a little while—it’d be pretty cool to meet some more forum members in person if only for a spell.

Tagging @Copernicuslyrun and @lestrout in case they have any interest.

Reactions: Kingsley

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Ah, crap. That I cannot make. One day I will meet you lot. Looking forward to it. I have a greenhouse that has to get up before fall sets in and this is the weekend to do it.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
@RookieGuy80 @ChonkyTonks @ssjones

It looks like our Chambersburg visit is going to be this Saturday, September 2nd. It’ll take us close to three hours to get there, so we might arrive around 12:00 noon or 1:00 pm. We plan on checking out the antiques in the area; Boswell’s looks like it closes at 4:00 pm on Saturday and the other shops around 5:00. As this trip is also for Susan to enjoy, I can’t spend all day at the pipe shop, but if you will be in the area, I’d be happy to coordinate a time to meet at Boswell’s and hang out a little while—it’d be pretty cool to meet some more forum members in person if only for a spell.

Tagging @Copernicuslyrun and @lestrout in case they have any interest.
Shoot, it’s a little too short notice, but I’m sure we’ll see each other again.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Boswell’s is a neat shop. Chatted with a worker named Alex for a little bit. Picked up some tins of Savinelli Brunello Flake, Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake, Boswell’s Northwoods and Cherry Smash. It was cool to finally see one of their shotgun shell pipes in person.

IMG_20230902_130757.jpg

They seemed well stocked. Here’s a pic like most people post of the main shelf of tins:

IMG_20230902_124950.jpg

Here are some Boswell estate pipes that made their way back home that are on display upstairs:

IMG_20230902_125805.jpg

We picked up some lunch at a restaurant called Inka that specializes in Peruvian and Latin food; we had mofungo with pernil and ate in the car. After that, we hit a couple of antique shops nearby. Susan got an ammo crate to put her jewelry tools in and some vintage fishing stuff for a friend’s upcoming birthday.

IMG_20230903_110359.jpg

I stopped into Christie’s House of Pipes and Cigars in Waynesboro. Eric Christie mentioned that he liked my @Humblepipe shirt. We started talking and had a nice conversation. I told him how I had just visited Boswell’s. He told me how he and J.M. Boswell both apprenticed under the same pipemaker at Johnson’s Pipe Shop in Carlisle, PA.

After that, Susan and I visited Gettysburg. It was late in the day and a lot of people were leaving. We took a stroll and took a cursory view of the grounds. It was 93 degrees out and pretty draining, so we didn’t stay long.

IMG_20230902_163853.jpg

We checked out Lancaster briefly since it was on the way home and ended up grabbing dinner nearby at the Village Haus, which is tucked away in this little enclave that felt like you were in Europe. There’s a fountain right outside. It was a nice vibe and surprise.

IMG_20230902_200114.jpg

We headed home and got back just in time to see a long Labour Day fireworks display from our porch (poor little Wasabi was shaking).

IMG_20230902_221133.jpg

I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet up with anyone—I know it was short notice. Maybe next time!

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Boswell’s is a neat shop. Chatted with a worker named Alex for a little bit. Picked up some tins of Savinelli Brunello Flake, Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake, Boswell’s Northwoods and Cherry Smash. It was cool to finally see one of their shotgun shell pipes in person.

View attachment 244299

They seemed well stocked. Here’s a pic like most people post of the main shelf of tins:

View attachment 244414

Here are some Boswell estate pipes that made their way back home that are on display upstairs:

View attachment 244413

We picked up some lunch at a restaurant called Inka that specializes in Peruvian and Latin food; we had mofungo with pernil and ate in the car. After that, we hit a couple of antique shops nearby. Susan got an ammo crate to put her jewelry tools in and some vintage fishing stuff for a friend’s upcoming birthday.

View attachment 244419

I stopped into Christie’s House of Pipes and Cigars in Waynesboro. Eric Christie mentioned that he liked my @Humblepipe shirt. We started talking and had a nice conversation. I told him how I had just visited Boswell’s. He told me how he and J.M. Boswell both apprenticed under the same pipemaker at Johnson’s Pipe Shop in Carlisle, PA.

After that, Susan and I visited Gettysburg. It was late in the day and a lot of people were leaving. We took a stroll and took a cursory view of the grounds. It was 93 degrees out and pretty draining, so we didn’t stay long.

View attachment 244408

We checked out Lancaster briefly since it was on the way home and ended up grabbing dinner nearby at the Village Haus, which is tucked away in this little enclave that felt like you were in Europe. There’s a fountain right outside. It was a nice vibe and surprise.

View attachment 244411

We headed home and got back just in time to see a long Labour Day fireworks display from our porch (poor little Wasabi was shaking).

View attachment 244412

I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet up with anyone—I know it was short notice. Maybe next time!
Looks like a great time, brother. And, nice t-shirt!