PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

goosetime

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Hello all!

I just added a Davidoff Special 400 to my collection--on sale for half off! It's hard to find information on this brand, but I couldn't resist the hexagonal hand-cut bowl. Still breaking it in at the moment, but I enjoy the draw so far and it is a good clencher, very light.

Does anyone else have a Davidoff in their collection?

davidoff_1.png
davidoff_2.png

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
After seeing the Davidoff ad on the back cover ad of P&T I couldn’t resist getting one just like the ad pipe. I’ve got a red billiard, a black sandblast billiard and a natural Canadian. They’re beautiful but to small for me to enjoy. I posted a picture with the billiards in the “Preferred Lighter” thread.

goosetime

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2019
Kansas City, MO
After seeing the Davidoff ad on the back cover ad of P&T I couldn’t resist getting one just like the ad pipe. I’ve got a red billiard, a black sandblast billiard and a natural Canadian. They’re beautiful but to small for me to enjoy. I posted a picture with the billiards in the “Preferred Lighter” thread.
What pipes do you generally smoke? I saw that picture yours are very nice, they look about the size of this one I'd say. I do generally prefer smaller pipes though.

Reactions: BROBS

goosetime

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Yeah this is my first panel billiard, I hadn't ever considered one before but was drawn to the stem and the grain, as well as the "hand-cut" stamping. So far it is smoking very nicely! I've looked around and I am one of like 5 threads on this site about Davidoff pipes, Davidoff tobacco and cigars has another 15 or so threads.

Reactions: ofafeather

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I have a 400S straight billiard. Nice light pipe, great grain, hand cut stem, it has a sterling silver band which I think is what the S stands for.

Reactions: goosetime

goosetime

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I have a 400S straight billiard. Nice light pipe, great grain, hand cut stem, it has a sterling silver band which I think is what the S stands for.
Interesting! I will check mine again, not at home atm, but I believe mine is stamped 400s as well. The seller on their website has it listed as a Davidoff "DAV SPEC 400" and iirc my pipe is stamped Davidoff on one side and 400s on the other.

Do you have any pictures of yours? I ought to post better pictures of this pipe. Yours sounds very interesting with the silver band--would love to see that!