PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I have only smoked one of mine. Its made of briar and smokes fine. Its kind of hard to keep lit though. When packing it, you have to pack a little tighter then you normally would. Also when smoking turn the pipe over occasionally so the tobacco burns evenly. So basically smoke it with one side facing up for a bit, the turn it over so the other side is facing up. They were Originally made for smoking on zeppelins since the ash and sparks are contained. It would be good for smoking in the car or when working outside.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
the one i am picking up is pear wood i think but its in need of some cleaning and maybe refinishing. a good waxing for sure. its on Lonestars recent post on friday. for $8 its worth a try at least.

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
Bullet pipes look cool and id get one just to try the problem is in the uk police do tend to stop bullet pipe smokers.Having said that my son is 22 years old smokes his pipe and been stopped twice for smoking his savinelli.It seems if your young you carnt smoke a pipe.Theres still a idea that its for old men over 60 years old.So a bullet pipe would be a police stop and search

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
There are some high end pipes using bullets where the stem meets the shank creating a Spigot style. They are pretty cool but they are briar pipes, the bullets are just accents

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Like this only using a Shotgun shell on the shank with a hole big enough for say a small rifle shell to fit in like maybe a .223 or something.
b62d1151.jpg

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Zepplin pipes were designed for those who travelled in Zepplins i.e. they were spark proof (safe albeit one wonders how safe it would've been to light in the Hindenberg for exampe) and also perfect for smoking in windy conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.