PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I commissioned this from Stephen awhile back; all I said was that I liked black blasts with a smooth rim. After some back-and-forth, this little gem arrived on my doorstep today. I couldn't be more pleased!
Unfortunately I'm getting over a cold, so I may not smoke this for a few days.
Oh, and for those who may not be aware, "Cherrywood" is the name of the SHAPE (a Poker with an up-angled stem), not the material. It's briar.
jj2.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm not sure if Stephen frequents this forum or not. He's a Canadian carver known for rather... "imaginative" designs. This is one of his more conservative creations.
Oh, and the photo is his, too.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Beautiful pipe van. Well worth the wait I'm sure. More pics from different angles would be great.

How long is Downies waiting list these days ?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I waited about two months; maybe a little longer. That may have been lengthened by the holidays, I'm not sure.
He responds to emails VERY quickly though, and provided sketches and photos mid-production, so it was a really fun experience.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Very nice pipe, much like the cherrywood pipes of old, but much more refined. Thanks for the explanation as well, a lot of the newbies might not know that the cherrywood is a shape as well as a pipe wood.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm glad he resisted his urges to carve demons and tiki gods and hobbits, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.