PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I started smoking pipes after I'd retired. That allowed me the time to really get immersed in the pertinent subjects of tobacco and pipes.
At first, I only had one cob and inhaled it. Then I found this website.
That was in April of 2014, almost a year after I'd retired and had resumed smoking roll your owns for about 2 months and wanted to quit inhaling burnt paper.
Now I don't inhale, and own scores of pipes both new and used that I bought for as little as $2.50 ( A Barling with no stem) to as much as $67.00 for an old Dunhill Shellbriar that I paid to have a certified Dunhill replacement stem 'made'.
The stem and shipping cost me more than the pipe.WIN_20220106_06_24_40_Pro.jpg
I started out buying pipes that I thought had value so that I might sell them at a profit. That idea slowly bit the dust as I realized that profiting from pipes wasn't my thing, and I just kept them to smoke and give away.

• Love
Reactions: tzinc and tklee

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Though I've never needed a replacement stem, Laudasi will replace Savinelli or Peterson stems with factory replacements for $35.
I've not been completely satisfied with either the Savinelli or Peterson replacement stems I received. The fit is so-so (I sent the Savinelli pipe, a 122, in so they could match it) and the quality doesn't measure up to the original. Next time I need a stem I'll probably send it to Briarville.