PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
4 hours later...
View attachment 123097

Ready to eat!! We like dill pickles and sharp Vermont cheddar on the side.

View attachment 123098

View attachment 123099

So good!!
Been making my own chili in various forms since I was 20 years old and just from the pictures, that is some of the best looking chili I've ever seen! If it wasn't 5:43 a.m. I'd be inspired to make some. Will be doing so tomorrow (but that's a normal Saturday in the winter).

However I make it, on the side for me are two similar but different constants: Colby cheese and sweet pickles! Only thing I miss is I used to like to have a Coke with my chili but quit drinking it, so it's ice water now - kind of miss the carbonated feel and sweet taste that I always thought complemented chili (though sometimes some Coke is in the chili, sometimes brown sugar, most times sweetness comes from jalapeños or the carmelized onions - don't want to overdo it).

Darn, I'm hungry! Thanks!

Reactions: monty55

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Thanks for the compliments guys. Pretty much anyone who has tried my chili say it's the best chili they ever ate. They always say, why don't you enter a chili cookoff competition? Because they don't allow charcoal or wood fires in those competitions and there is usually a time limit. This pretty much takes all day to make, and the love that goes into making it shines in the taste! Anyway, a lucky few along with my kids get to eat it a few times every winter.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus