PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OttoBier

Lurker
Mar 10, 2024
Pennsylvania
Hello All - New here and fairly new to pipe smoking.

I have a Lorenzo Spitfire Sport and somehow cracked the mouthpiece - I am guessing I forcefully jammed a pipe cleaner in it when it was somewhat hot.

Can I get a replacement? If so, please provide some guidance.

Gratefully yours,
OttoBier

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I don't know, but if you want to fix it, it might be possible if you show us a picture. You can fill cracks with black super glue and even better if you have some vulcanite dust sanded from a stem mixed with the black super glue. You can fill it sand it and buff it. But I don't know how bad the crack is or location.

OttoBier

Lurker
Mar 10, 2024
Pennsylvania
I don't know, but if you want to fix it, it might be possible if you show us a picture. You can fill cracks with black super glue and even better if you have some vulcanite dust sanded from a stem mixed with the black super glue. You can fill it sand it and buff it. But I don't know how bad the crack is or location.
Well - I got very ambitious yesterday - too ambitious - and, after watching a couple of YouTube videos (thought I became an expert after those - lol), decided to go ahead and carefully heat it up.
My mouthpiece told me otherwise, and it couldn't take the heat very well. Now I have way too much sanding to do, or, simply replace it, which seems like the logical choice given that the crack didn't even fill in with the heat.

Thanks for trying to help out this newbie.

Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Well - I got very ambitious yesterday - too ambitious - and, after watching a couple of YouTube videos (thought I became an expert after those - lol), decided to go ahead and carefully heat it up.
My mouthpiece told me otherwise, and it couldn't take the heat very well. Now I have way too much sanding to do, or, simply replace it, which seems like the logical choice given that the crack didn't even fill in with the heat.

Thanks for trying to help out this newbie.
We've all done something similar, at least I know I have lol. Hate to hear it though, hope someone here can guide you in the right direction to find a replacement.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
You can pick up lorenzo estates for less than 20 bucks. Get on ebay and party. Maybe find something you even like better. If you can self repair give it a whirl. Not much else to do that is cost effective.

Reactions: OttoBier