PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I’d sell them (hit the bid) unless you really want to smoke them … just closed yesterday on a 24 yr old rental property in Chicago . Been seriously thinking of selling 10-20k of pipes , and 5-10k of pipe tobacco on Tinbids . The tobacco would be at 5-10x what I paid and the pipes close to breakeven. I am in a selling mood, cash is king

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Yah i was just texting him pics and told him that i was going to light one up and and said "unless you want them for 600" and he just replied back "PP or Zelle?" ... so yah false start, i will not be smoking these .. i'll find something else "different" for tonight ROFL
Congrats. From the many posts of I’ve seen of your cigar posts , I’m sure you will be ok always having a nice cigar to smoke

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Congrats. From the many posts of I’ve seen of your cigar posts , I’m sure you will be ok always having a nice cigar to smoke
Not a problem, i do fill in with a lot of unbanded backdoor stuff but I'm not complaining, now I'm trying to trade him a box of the RA Perfectos that came out a couple years ago, 10 count box, that are now 600 through vendors, i'm shooting for a 50 count cab of RASS which i know he has dozens of and i know he bought them all when they were on sale for $385 a cab 2 yrs ago... god then are 900+ a cab now ... makes me ill.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
That’s a hard call. I’d be too tempted to smoke them.
Well SPs aren't my favorite stick, they always taste too strong in an odd way to me, the guy buying them probably has 30 boxes of these in a range of years already and this one will just be another space filled up, but with 600 bucks, i can pay for a new table pipe, grab a bundle of backdoor CoRos AND pay off a couple bills, kind of a no brainer.

He's thinking about the swap RASS for Perfectos. It's like playing Cigar Monopoly tonight .. of course I'm the guy with 150 bucks fighting for his life and my friend is the guy with every property just laughing at me reaching for the dice for my next roll. We got the perfectos on a private group board buy, he probably bought 15 boxes, that should tell you something. lol love him though great guy

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Well SPs aren't my favorite stick, they always taste too strong in an odd way to me, the guy buying them probably has 30 boxes of these in a range of years already and this one will just be another space filled up, but with 600 bucks, i can pay for a new table pipe, grab a bundle of backdoor CoRos AND pay off a couple bills, kind of a no brainer.

He's thinking about the swap RASS for Perfectos. It's like playing Cigar Monopoly tonight .. of course I'm the guy with 150 bucks fighting for his life and my friend is the guy with every property just laughing at me reaching for the dice for my next roll. We got the perfectos on a private group board buy, he probably bought 15 boxes, that should tell you something. lol love him though great guy
Didnt you used to have Charles Bronson as your avatar? Or someone else? I’m a visual memory guy, and I can’t place your name with that cartoon thing very far back in time.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
You did well, my friend. I’d way rather have some special tobacco than a couple hundred extra bucks. That money would probably go to something stupid, like paying bills, but smoking these will give you a lot of pleasure and good memories to boot. Let’s put it this way, if you did sell these for $500, you probably wouldn’t remember what you did with it years from now but I bet you’ll always remember opening this box and lighting up. I hope you get many a good smoke out those. Cheers!

Edit - well hell, I should have read more than a couple of posts down before I said all that, I take it all back! Haha

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I've seen a few of those coming up for sale over the last couple years. Great smokes - I'd smoke em, personally. They're not making any more whereas the powers that be appear to be printing new money all the time.