PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

buggy63

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Birmingham. England
Some years ago, I worked at Birmingham airport. In those days people could freely smoke and a passenger walked through smoking a pipe. The aroma was amazing and I asked him what it was. He was European, not exactly sure where from. He apologised and said he only knew it as Danish no2 blend. Are there any Danish pipe smokers here who might be able to help me with more information please ? It has been a bit of a holy grail for me.

TIA

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Likely this.

I love that blend but did it exist when you could still smoke in airports? Not sure its that old of a blend, earliest review on tobaccoreviews is from 2015. I think it varied from state to state but pretty sure we haven't been able to smoke in airports since the 90s. Not sure about EU.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I love that blend but did it exist when you could still smoke in airports? Not sure its that old of a blend, earliest review on tobaccoreviews is from 2015. I think it varied from state to state but pretty sure we haven't been able to smoke in airports since the 90s. Not sure about EU.
I don't know when the website formed, but just because no reviews existed before 2015 doesn't mean the blend didn't exist before then. I mean, look how long codger blends like SWR/A have existed, the website doesn't have reviews on it from 1927...

It's not a review aggregator site, it's user submitted reviews. The earliest date someone submits a review doesn't necessarily mean that's the earliest the tobacco existed, that's just the earliest time that a person had the blend, knew about the site, and then went out of their way to review it.

Reactions: woodsroad

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
I don't know when the website formed, but just because no reviews existed before 2015 doesn't mean the blend didn't exist before then. I mean, look how long codger blends like SWR/A have existed, the website doesn't have reviews on it from 1927...

It's not a review aggregator site, it's user submitted reviews. The earliest date someone submits a review doesn't necessarily mean that's the earliest the tobacco existed, that's just the earliest time that a person had the blend, knew about the site, and then went out of their way to review it.
Im well aware, but just because it has “No 2” doesnt mean its the same blend. Until someone proves otherwise I dont think it was Ascanian #2. Its also German not Danish.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Just because it has the word “Danish” in it, doesn’t mean that it comes/came from Denmark. I had a few little Danish last week and I’m pretty sure that the box said that they were from Northeast Philadelphia.

• Haha
Reactions: Peter Turbo