PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fontbandit

Lurker
Jan 24, 2022
Boston, MA
fontbandit.com
You know how tins usually end up in a stack or balanced on an uneven edge?

I had this space on the back wall of the closet where I keep my pipe and tobacco accessories, and thought it would be a good place to keep my active tins. I got this $5 magnetic tool bar from Harbor Freight, ran a little bead of hot glue along both rails to soften the landing when the tins hit the bar, and it works great! It holds four tins at a time, and pulling one off the bar is like pulling a great album or book from your collection. There's another satisfying thud when you put one back in its spot.

I'm also a latecomer to Presbyterian and it recently became one of my favorite smokes, so I went on a hunt to find the oldest possible good condition opened tin for it that I could. From the Canadian tax sticker on the back, the vintage tin on the right is from 1942. It's remarkable how little the packaging has changed! Then of course I had to do the same with my other longtime favorites, St. Bruno (I like the Ready Rubbed) and Condor. All of these old tins are functional, containing today's versions of the blends they contained many years ago.

I get a great feeling opening that closet door and seeing them up there, ready to go!

2023.06.14_Magnetic pipe tobacco tin holder, Harbor Freight magnetic tool holder with hot glu...jpeg2023.06.14_Magnetic pipe tobacco tin holder, Harbor Freight magnetic tool holder with hot glu...jpeg

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Those displays look great. Too bad up North we get no tin art whatsoever. Yet, I hear the corner store has vape containers decorated. Crazy.